Working New Years Eve

laffter

So I signed up to work preload on New Years Eve for the air sort.

To my understanding, I'm going to get paid for 4 hours on Mon/Tues under holiday pay. I'm also going to get paid the hours I work on Monday. My question is, do we get time and a half for working New Years Eve?

Nimnim

The Nim
Check your supplement. If there's no language in there you'll get paid holiday plus straight time whatever hours you work.

barnyard

KTM rider
Without knowing what region or supplement you are working under, there is no way to know. Your smartest play is to look at your contract.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We get double time plus holiday, 6 people out of around 120 FT drivers signed up. 1/4th the work at twice the pay, yes I signed up for 8.

Notretiredyet

I'm working, we get double time for hrs worked. Nice easy day on an area I did for years just like the Sat prior to Xmas. Start at 9 probably off by 3, works for me.

Cementups

Box Monkey
When I left work at 7 tonight there was still no list posted for who was working so I'm not going in. I was told they sent out start times to those that are working and since I didn't get one then I must not be working.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
It amazes me that in my center no one wants to work this day for 47.67 a hr., They have to force from the bottom up. Its crazy that for almost 50 dollars a hour no one wants to work it. We get time and half for hours work plus 8 hour holiday pay

U

uber

It amazes me that in my center no one wants to work this day for 47.67 a hr., They have to force from the bottom up. Its crazy that for almost 50 dollars a hour no one wants to work it. We get time and half for hours work plus 8 hour holiday pay

and you'll be off in time to booze it up like a boozehound.

Kman845

After working 55+hr weeks for the last two months, I'll take the four day weekend. Thank You very much.

DS

Fenderbender
They are doing something here on New years eve that I have not seen in all my 23 years with the company.
No preload. We've been instructed to start at 07:30 Monday and load our own cars.
No ground pickups.On calls must be express pkgs.
One of my customers was really pissed that he has $70.000 worth of product to invoice and ship on Dec 31st.
The last day of the year! He usually has a feeder in that takes 10-12 skids a day.They want us back between
!3:00 and 15:00. Sounds good to me.