Working New Years Eve

opie

I'm a Saturday driver, and was told by a supervisor that all air drivers have to work. I think it's all talk. People may have other things going on, another job or obligations...especially if weekday mornings is not your regular shift. I can see them getting FT and the PT air drivers that usually work AM and preloaders who drive on Saturday to work. I'm working Sunday night inside, so I will pass. Not sure if it ever gets to the point where they "force" people to drive.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
After working 55+hr weeks for the last two months, I'll take the four day weekend. Thank You very much.

Still 47.67 a hour and no one signs the list to work, We have it good. I always plan around these days, I never scheduled a vacation the week of Columbus day or Veteran’s day. Its easy money. I rather take another day that's not Time and half all day. I'm one greedy SOB.

S

serenity now

not only not working new years eve, but i tacked on wed. for five in a row
SCORE

(also never liked dealing with the crap that comes out of that hold & closed trailer right after new years ; packages that look like they were rolled here from 6 states away, 2 or 3 service crosses on one package, plastered with multiple pal labels, and there is always at least one ham that turns up in an advanced stage of decomposition with toxic juice dripping from a wet corner of the box * thanks, but no thanks)

Last edited by a moderator: