Working on Christmas?

Bankrupt

We failed miserably at our sta yest. Hit the road about 1230 w rollover from tue and 190 wed pkgs. Wasted about 4 hrs in the bldg waiting on freight. Asked if I could leave during the 2nd 43 and deliver some freight(denied by mgmnt) 90 min later the last ctv showed up with 2 cans of freight. Got about 25 off that and then my mgr let me drop around 35 in 2 neighborhoods. I have one of the heaviest resi routes in the bldg. I could have left w everything earlier had those last 25 shuttled out and delivered everything by 7 probably. Instead I got off at about 930. I finished but I'm an in town tight rte. All our rural areas had lots of dex1's and some had them tue too. They got a few people to come in today but wanted way more. I heard more freight arrived today so I guess I'll have late presents to deliver tomorrow. One driver that's working today said people are appreciative of the effort today.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MassWineGuy

I don't understand everything you're saying, but at our station peak went exceptionally well. Just as heavy as last year, but spread out over more days. We hired a lot of seasonals to help inside as well as for runners, and we delivered last weekend to get ahead of many Monday and Tuesday deliveries. I worked today from 9 am to about 12:45 pm. Pretty easy OT.

Also, FedEx and UPS holding major shippers to their promised freight limits probably helped. Perhaps Amazon really will start delivering its own freight, but 1) I wouldn't hold my breath, and 2) I'd love to see how that works out for them.

Last edited:

Bankrupt

I don't understand everything you're saying, but at our station peak went exceptionally well. Just as heavy as last year, but spread out over more days. We hired a lot of seasonals to help inside as well as for runners, and we delivered last weekend to get ahead of many Monday and Tuesday deliveries. I worked today from 9 am to about 12:45 pm. Pretty easy OT.

Also, FedEx and UPS holding major shippers to their promised freight limits probably helped. Perhaps Amazon really will start delivering its own freight, but 1) I wouldn't hold my breath, and 2) I'd love to see how that works out for them.
You worked less than 4 hrs on Christmas Eve? Obviously you are not a courier, right?

Sent using BrownCafe App

whenIgetthere

We failed miserably at our sta yest. Hit the road about 1230 w rollover from tue and 190 wed pkgs. Wasted about 4 hrs in the bldg waiting on freight. Asked if I could leave during the 2nd 43 and deliver some freight(denied by mgmnt) 90 min later the last ctv showed up with 2 cans of freight. Got about 25 off that and then my mgr let me drop around 35 in 2 neighborhoods. I have one of the heaviest resi routes in the bldg. I could have left w everything earlier had those last 25 shuttled out and delivered everything by 7 probably. Instead I got off at about 930. I finished but I'm an in town tight rte. All our rural areas had lots of dex1's and some had them tue too. They got a few people to come in today but wanted way more. I heard more freight arrived today so I guess I'll have late presents to deliver tomorrow. One driver that's working today said people are appreciative of the effort today.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I guess I lucked out, when we went to our first code 43, manager told me to leave since I was already at 140 stops. Had more than 50 off when they met me with late freight and I got 45 more. Last stop was at 2020. I also have a heavy resi area, but wealthy area section, the stops come off quickly. My loop, everyone finished the same time except a ten hour route who was still doing pups, and didn't want any help, when I cleared.