Working on Saturdays

Liquid Red

I am a new UPSer (little over 2 months) and want to find out the wages for working
on a Saturday. I work in small sorts and I am a PT permanent employee, not seasonal. I have worked 2 different Saturdays. One Saturday I was paid double time and another Saturday I was paid my regular hourly.

Can anyone tell me what would seem to be expected working on a Saturday ?
Is it regular, OT or DT ?

Liquid Red

Sure that DT wasn't for the Friday after Thanksgiving? It is considered a holiday, and DT here, for all hours worked.

Ahhh...I think you are correct. I guess the DT was for that (Black) Friday after Thanksgiving. I didn't realize it was considered a holiday.
Damn and here I am signed up for every Saturday from here to eternity thinking I'm getting DT. LOL...

km3

Ahhh...I think you are correct. I guess the DT was for that (Black) Friday after Thanksgiving. I didn't realize it was considered a holiday.
Damn and here I am signed up for every Saturday from here to eternity thinking I'm getting DT. LOL...

Well at the very least you'll get OT assuming you already have 5 punches by Saturday. If you can figure out a way to come in on Sunday, you will get DT on Saturday...maybe...depending on your local. In mine you would.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you look in your contract, it will be spelled out for you. If your reading comprehension is reasonable, you should even be able to figure out why you were paid differently for 2 different Saturdays.