Working pre-load as driver: wage ?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BUCN85, Nov 15, 2014.

1. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Recently just qualified as a driver off the pre-load. Buy right now I'm still working pre-load till the routes increase. I should assume that I will be getting my driver wage on pre load correct
  2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

3. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

Nope. You go to your p/t wage.
  4. ChrisTheBrown

ChrisTheBrown Active Member

While working preload, you get your part time/ preload rate..While cover driving, you get the cover driver rate of pay..Whatever that is in your local.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

It is for sure, covered in your local supplement. It is going to depend of if your are forced and if there is driving work available.
  6. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Well in this scenario no driving work is available at the moment. I also believe I can work the night shift as well if I'm entitled to 8 hours. I have my contract book which I'll look at later. Just to lazy right now enjoying some kraken and watching the hangover
  7. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

How can people work here and have no idea how they're supposed to be paid?

It just makes my head hurt.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

That's what this forum is for. Q and A
  9. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

We have a lot of guys having this problem here. You are entitled to your full time driver pay until you work 7 consecutive days inside building. Then you drop down to you inside building pay. If they are telling you to work it that is one thing, but we have guys volunteering to work inside to get hours. Report to drive and ask for your guarantee, file if they don't give it to you, until told to work preload.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Bottom rung

He's most likely in the bottom ten percent and therefore isn't entitled to the 8hr guarantee. He's allowed to bump into the sorts but unless he has a scheduled start time whenever the drivers start he won't get his drivers wage for bumping in.
  11. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Yes I am actually the newest so I am last on the list
  12. MC4YOU2

MC4YOU2 Yep, not wearing brown anymore

Here, you'd make the pt rate unless you did an hour or more of driving prior to your pt shift with no lunch between shifts.
  13. laffter

laffter Active Member

Dude, I got a deck of Kraken playing cards from a local liquor store the other week.
  14. Bottom rung

Stick around after preload and grab a broom. Do what you can to drive, if there's anything to shuttle you'll get your drivers wage for all hours worked that day.
  15. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Or at least in this case: what the froum is for
  16. ChicagosPrimeMinister

ChicagosPrimeMinister What rhmyes with UPS?

Nope, I thought the same thing, you still get your pre load rate until you actually clock in on the diad
  17. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Ok. But say of I'm not driving. I can work my preload. But I can also work the reload as well to get my 8 right?
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Usually this is only for seniority full time drivers who have been laid off but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
  19. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

What kind of driver?!?!?

TCD: Part time rate loading, regular cover rate driving no hours guarantee outside of PT 3.5

FTD: Driver pay for 7 days you could be scheduled to work. Week ends do not count holidays do. After 7 days pay drops to inside rate. If you drive you get driver rate for loading an driving and your 7 days reset. You may bump a pre loader and a reloaded to get 8 hours. Remember though. You are guaranteed 8 hours of work. Not pay. So be ready to be someone's bitch till all hours of the night. In my experience they always tried to make it as miserable as they could so people wouldn't stay.
  20. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

A new hire FT driver. Was inside as pre load last 7 years