Working Pre-load?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by barrycold, Oct 1, 2008.

1. barrycold

barrycold New Member

Anybody working pre-load? How many hours do you get a day? What time is the shift.
  2. drewed

drewed Shankman

did you get it????

umm preloads vary normally somewhere between 4 and 5 am (earlier during peak) and out the door by 815ish
  3. Flapjac583

Flapjac583 New Member

Depends on the center you will be working at. Small sorts, will generally be 3.5 hrs a day, which is the minimum guaranteed by the contract. Larger sorts, you could get 4-4.5 hrs a day and perhaps a little more during peak season (Thanksgiving-Christmas). Start times, 4:30ish am and out around 8:30-8:45am to be conservative here. Peak could see start times as early as 3am.
  4. evilleace

evilleace Member

In my center which is smaller we start about 4:45 and out the door at about 8:30-9:00.
  5. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

When I started 2 years ago we started at 3:45 and would be out by 9am.

Now we start at 5 and most people are out by 8. During peak it is about 3-11
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Our preload generally starts at 4:30 and is gone by 8:30-8:45 on Monday (all of our loads are already here) and by 9:00-9:20 the rest of the week.
  7. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I still get called in to work the preload sometimes. Love the extra cash.
  8. tre305

tre305 Member

ours is usually from 4:15-4:35am to 9:00-9:10am
    with peak season upon us im surprised we're not starting up
    earlier b/c we are getting slammed down here
  9. gandydancer

gandydancer New Member

Not in a hub, I don't think. Night won't be off the belts by 3am at peak.
  10. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Our preload starts at 11:30 PM and is usually wrapping up when the drivers start at 8:30 AM.
  11. dc_sniper9130

dc_sniper9130 Tailgunner

Preload in Spokane, WA is 5 to 8:45ish. I'm a sup but that's what most of my guys consistently get, sometimes you don't get out until after 9 though depending on how the small sort runs.
  12. my how things have changed. When I first started here as a loader (not very long ago) we were starting at 3:30/3:45/4:00. Peak was 12am/2am start. Now we start anywhere from 4:30-5. Some picks do the same amount of work we did back at the 3:30/3:45/4:00 starts, some obviously do MUCH less. PAS must automagically make loaders faster...well some might think so, I don't having used alpha charts and PAS. Alphas were without a doubt a faster way to load (once you knew them).
  13. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

In the mid 90s i was starting at 230am as a preloader and late 90s starting at 8am as a driver, now i start at 845am. Times have changed!
  14. brownrodster

brownrodster New Member

It depends a lot on the building you work in. My building is ancient and is not designed for even half the volume we get. Normal days our preload is running around 330 AM and done by 830 AM. WE are not on PAS yet.
  15. Cute-UPS-Man

Cute-UPS-Man Member

I've been going in around 4am and leave between 8:25-8:30a.m.
  16. ColeCressman

ColeCressman New Member

4a-9a in Northeast Indiana