Working Pre-load?

drewed

Shankman
did you get it????

umm preloads vary normally somewhere between 4 and 5 am (earlier during peak) and out the door by 815ish

Depends on the center you will be working at. Small sorts, will generally be 3.5 hrs a day, which is the minimum guaranteed by the contract. Larger sorts, you could get 4-4.5 hrs a day and perhaps a little more during peak season (Thanksgiving-Christmas). Start times, 4:30ish am and out around 8:30-8:45am to be conservative here. Peak could see start times as early as 3am.

Fnix

When I started 2 years ago we started at 3:45 and would be out by 9am.

Now we start at 5 and most people are out by 8. During peak it is about 3-11

tre305

ours is usually from 4:15-4:35am to 9:00-9:10am
with peak season upon us im surprised we're not starting up
earlier b/c we are getting slammed down here

gandydancer

Depends on the center you will be working at. Small sorts, will generally be 3.5 hrs a day, which is the minimum guaranteed by the contract. Larger sorts, you could get 4-4.5 hrs a day and perhaps a little more during peak season (Thanksgiving-Christmas). Start times, 4:30ish am and out around 8:30-8:45am to be conservative here. Peak could see start times as early as 3am.

Not in a hub, I don't think. Night won't be off the belts by 3am at peak.

W

westsideworma

my how things have changed. When I first started here as a loader (not very long ago) we were starting at 3:30/3:45/4:00. Peak was 12am/2am start. Now we start anywhere from 4:30-5. Some picks do the same amount of work we did back at the 3:30/3:45/4:00 starts, some obviously do MUCH less. PAS must automagically make loaders faster...well some might think so, I don't having used alpha charts and PAS. Alphas were without a doubt a faster way to load (once you knew them).

705red

Browncafe Steward
In the mid 90s i was starting at 230am as a preloader and late 90s starting at 8am as a driver, now i start at 845am. Times have changed!

brownrodster

It depends a lot on the building you work in. My building is ancient and is not designed for even half the volume we get. Normal days our preload is running around 330 AM and done by 830 AM. WE are not on PAS yet.