Working Saturday?

djkre8r

Was out sick Tuesday. Looking forward to picking up the hours. Was also baffled with the business air left in our center. I got my 2nd shuttle of air around 7pm. LOL

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Its going to be a busy day out of my Center tomorrow. Most of the air was late, they let us go after saying that it would be shuttled out to us. I waited all day for a meet point to be sent to me, several calls I made to my Center promised that it was being processed and was on the way. I emptied my car out by 5:00 and let my Helper go home. I called my center manager and asked him what to do, and he told me to come on in. When I got back, all the air was shoved under the belts, no attempt was made to bring it out to us.
The same thing happened at our center as well. 1900 pieces of air brought to the center at 1700,to be delivered Monday.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I have a customer who need his a payroll pkg. and he ws told that he can come and get them or wait to monday. I cant believe that there not even delivering the next day airs on Saturday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have a customer who need his a payroll pkg. and he ws told that he can come and get them or wait to monday. I cant believe that there not even delivering the next day airs on Saturday.

Ups motto is no longer every package everyday. It's most packages some days but only if we can make money on said package.

djkre8r

Several of us were wondering the same thing about "why" they aren't pushing them to Saturday.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
When I left there was at least 25 pkgs from Omaha steaks sitting on the belt. I wonder how there going to be on Monday, the one good thing is that they dont turn on the heat in my center.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had our first day of late air yesterday. 400+ pieces from Lousville showed up around 2pm. During the PCM they asked for volunteers to deliver this work today. If I weren't going out of town I would have signed up---easy money. If they don't get enough volunteers they will force from the bottom up rather than roll the work over to Monday.

I had guarantee pay on my paycheck again this week. Gave my helper all 4 of the restaurant gift cards that I received as tips. Very smooth Peak this year.

ocnewguy

Not a driver...but i was asked if i wanted to work tomorrow. All volunteer...come in at 6pm, time and half for all hours worked. Maybe an air sort? Not sure really. Is this a normal occurrence the sat before christmas?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I just said to the wife, I could be working today. She said, why would you work anymore than you have to? If you make more you're just going to spend it. Wise woman.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Finishing my cup of coffee out in parking lot before heading in. Most of y'all are snug as a bug in rug right now. Seems management has plenty of hours as everyone wearing brown are in their cars while I see half the lot filled with management/corporate/suits/ cars. Being hourly does have it's bright sides.

Hoax, should I look for your car? Seems like cardigan sweaters is the dress code for the day.

barnyard

KTM rider
Just got a call from the center. They had posted a 9a start time, scratched that and posted 9:30, called to say come in at 10:30. Boss said they had 12 people available and were hoping to keep everyone around 3 hours.

Sigh

My phone rang a few times this morning!! I was going to pick it up . but then I remembered how much my boSS enjoys doing our Teamster work so i didnt answer the phone.........MERRY XMAS BOSS have fun maintain your SPHOR and be SAFE