Working Saturday?

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Apparently your management team didn't see the story on Fedex over charging customers residential rates for commercial shipments.

If you want, I can give you there number and you can tell em all about it. We didn't need to hit relnum. No Sig required or non-D.R. address was Released.

If I have to RELNUM, then forget it, it will b a send again, other then that, I followed through as directed along with every driver between both centers.

I understand your concern but lighten up. They don't want us 13 + hrs out on Monday & neither does my wife and kids so I said yes sir, but no to Relnum.

AKCoverMan

We had 3500 NDA pcs that did not land until late afternoon on Friday. They did not attempt to shuttle.. which was good as I started the day with 9.72 hours available and used about 9.2 of them to do my route out of a sexy uHaul cargo van!

They had ten drivers in today (Saturday) to try to put a dent in the late air from Friday. But I wouldn't be surprised to be delivering to families on Christmas Eve while they are celebrating their Christmas Eve. Won't be the first time I show up with presents while they are opening presents!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
But I wouldn't be surprised to be delivering to families on Christmas Eve while they are celebrating their Christmas Eve. Won't be the first time I show up with presents while they are opening presents!!

JIT - (Just In Time) - now that's Logistics.

I remember a couple times that happened. The lady was ecstatic and gave me a hug and a $10 tip.

OptimusPrime

You can release a commercial pkg; must use "release number" option ("relnum" on screen). When the stop is completed it will ask you if it is a residential or commercial delivery.

For those asking why the asking about who is shipping on Monday when there isn't a pickup Monday, I was told it gives dispatchers an idea of what kind of shipment volume to project for the day when we will make their pickup, and dispatch the route accordingly, like lighten the stop count if the expected p/u volume for a given trip will cause the driver to go over the time allowance they want him in by (9.5hrs for us). Some shippers will still process orders and ready them for shipment even though they know UPS will not pick up that day.

We were told it was so the stops would be pulled on Monday. Had nothing to do with pickups. I'm boned regardless. Brought back 67 stops Friday night, almost all apartments. And I know one route next to my split brought back around 120. I'm second to low man on the totem pole, and had a few hours left. Not a peep about working Saturday. Unless the Saturday Air boys worked some magic, pretty sure Monday is going to be no fun.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Part of the reason is so stops will be pulled, and that's how I understood it as well, until I saw it asking about p/u info for Black Friday, when we officially don't make pick ups, which prompted my question to the dispatch sup. I am pretty sure this week the board will ask you who is open for delivery and p/u on New Year's Eve, which is an official UPS holiday so no delivery (other than air-which will be put on a truck regardless of whether or not the place was listed as closed) or pick ups (except for special pickups as someone pointed out above.

barnyard

KTM rider
Unless the Saturday Air boys worked some magic, pretty sure Monday is going to be no fun.

We did not take out any send agains in my center on Saturday. Only took out air that was missed on Friday and regularly scheduled Saturday. Some routes are getting buried in send agains.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
.....For those asking why the asking about who is shipping on Monday when there isn't a pickup Monday, I was told it gives dispatchers an idea of what kind of shipment volume to project for the day when we will make their pickup, and dispatch the route accordingly, like lighten the stop count if the expected p/u volume for a given trip will cause the driver to go over the time allowance they want him in by (9.5hrs for us).....

Hahahahaha!!! That was a good one!