working Sunday?

optikz

Just curios, how many of y'all were told Sunday was mandatory as well as Saturday? I'm not sure how they can make you work both days, plus come in Monday without having a violation. Can you make you work on a Sunday? What about the 7 day 70 hour rule?

murray35

at my facility we were told work was mandatory and would be paid straight rate? However , in my state sundays are paid time and a half

optikz

Well we have 4x10s who off day is Monday and they told them they would not get double time? They are working Sunday which is their off day, Monday should be double time since that is their day off as well correct?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Just curios, how many of y'all were told Sunday was mandatory as well as Saturday? I'm not sure how they can make you work both days, plus come in Monday without having a violation. Can you make you work on a Sunday? What about the 7 day 70 hour rule?

Because at my station, someone waved a magic wand and made most of us who drive Sprinters non-DOT, clearing the way for FedEx to abuse us at will. Forced to work 10 days in a row. PSP at it's finest right there!

Senior manager told us time and a half. My manager said double time, according to an email he read. We shall see.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
After being told that "there will be no changes in regards to the 14/10/70 hours rule" for non-DOT couriers, a week later we were informed that only non-DOT couriers would be working Sunday and Saturday. Does upper management really wonder why hourly employees don't believe ANYTHING they're told? And,yes, linehaul will be running Sunday. On a side note; the only DGO manager I ever had who was a 'straight shooter' is now a DM for a regional competitor. Go figure.

dezguy

Can they make you work Sunday if it violates your religious beliefs? Thou shall not work on the Sabbath.

dezguy

Sabbath is Saturday. That never changed. Sunday is the Lord's Day.
In Catholicism, the Sabbath is Sunday.

"
THE THIRD COMMANDMENT

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labour, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work. The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath; so the Son of Man is lord even of the sabbath."

oldngray

nowhere special
In Catholicism, the Sabbath is Sunday.

"
THE THIRD COMMANDMENT

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labour, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work. The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath; so the Son of Man is lord even of the sabbath."

The Sabbath remains Saturday. 10 commandments were Old Testament and written to Jewish people. Nothing in the New Testament changed that day for Christians who usually celebrate on the first day of the week (Sunday).

dezguy

The Sabbath remains Saturday. 10 commandments were Old Testament and written to Jewish people. Nothing in the New Testament changed that day for Christians who usually celebrate on the first day of the week (Sunday).
Agree to disagree as what you're saying goes against everything I was taught in school.

Either way, the question still remains. In my province, an employer cannot violate ones religious beliefs nor can their policies supersede those beliefs, per labour code.

optikz

What volume are you guys running Sunday? Is it stuff planned for Monday, like Ground does on Saturday? Or is the express network behind?
They said we are running freight that will come in on Sunday with 5 positions of freight. They said to lighten the load on Monday....

Nolimitz

I'm a 4/10 M,T,W,friend got 1 1/2 for Thurs and 2x for Sat last week. Assume this wk. is the same.
They can kiss by butt on Sun. and Xmas day.

SmithBarney

We were told that working Sunday was mandatory, but those with religious beliefs can come in after their Sunday worship services... which was met with a laugh from more than a few in the crowd... sorry religious rights don't work that way freddie.. I won't be there.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Because at my station, someone waved a magic wand and made most of us who drive Sprinters non-DOT, clearing the way for FedEx to abuse us at will.

I noticed, just today, that someone put a new sticker in my Grumman 700 that says something to the affect of "The driver of this truck does not need to be DOT certified if there is no placarded material on this truck". Pretty slick.

Check for yourselves, it's right above your head where it shows the truck's height and the explanation for the back-up sonar. To the right side of that giant sticker that also says something like "non-approved passengers are not approved".