Working the Friday after Thanksgiving? Check this out!

Are you working the Friday after Thanksgiving?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Our volume will depend upon how quickly Buffalo can get back on their feet. They did run a twi sort last night and do hope to be all caught up by Thanksgiving.
Yes, I have been wondering about back up volume, I am not sure what we have not gotten from Buffalo, I am assuming New Stanton? We dont have any communication here, (because we are not smart enough to understand) so maybe you or someone knows.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes, I have been wondering about back up volume, I am not sure what we have not gotten from Buffalo, I am assuming New Stanton? We dont have any communication here, (because we are not smart enough to understand) so maybe you or someone knows.
We are all going to get slammed when they finally get that work moving. I heard CACH was missing something like 300+ loads alone because of the snow upstate. Bring on the OT...I'll take it.

clean hairy

Page 221 of the Southern.
WE will see who gets ahold of a BA and posts here first Monday Morn with the official word.
Not sure If I will beat Bleedin Brown here.

tramtwo

4 hours,Inside rate. Turkey day and friday.
On Friday if I TCD and only receive 4 hours holiday pay at an inside rate but drive for 8, I will make less than the 85% of top driver rate that the contract states. IOW if I drive on Friday shouldn't I make 85% of what the top rate is for THAT day? Seems fair to me.

On Friday if I TCD and only receive 4 hours holiday pay at an inside rate but drive for 8, I will make less than the 85% of top driver rate that the contract states. IOW if I drive on Friday shouldn't I make 85% of what the top rate is for THAT day? Seems fair to me.
Fair ,yes. But honestly,you get screwed.
We all been there and went through it.

ManInBrown

Here's a question I meant to ask Stewart on Friday. Why are most boards generally set to code 05? As a cover driver when I am punching in I always change it to 06 in the event I get done in under 8 I get my guarantee. Should I not be doing that? I was told a while ago to make sure the board is 06 every morning. But another co-worker said he doesn't change it.

tramtwo

Fair ,yes. But honestly,you get screwed.
We all been there and went through it.
Somewhere in my head I remember reading in the new contract that a part time TCD that drives every other day of a week that has a holiday will receive the TCD rate @ 8 hours for that holiday. Now I'm old AND from the south so I may just have imagined it. :-)

Somewhere in my head I remember reading in the new contract that a part time TCD that drives every other day of a week that has a holiday will receive the TCD rate @ 8 hours for that holiday. Now I'm old AND from the south so I may just have imagined it. :-)
It could be. Every supplement Is different. Hope you get paid 8.

tramtwo

Just found it! 214 G

Part-time coverage employees who work the full week as coverage in which a holiday falls will receive 8 hours holiday pay at the part-time coverage rate of pay. Part-time coverage employees not working the full week as coverage shall receive the regular part time holiday pay.

So let's see if I have to grievance this... lol

In my case it would amount to a difference of about 500 bucks.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Honestly I just want 3 days off so my hands stop hurting and my fingers stop tingling like it has nerve damage.
I agree. In my younger days I would volunteer to work that day but as I got older I need that time to let things heal with a mini vacation.