Working tomorrow????

BROWN430

Snow on da' ground.....snow on da' ground..... Drivin' like a fool wit da' snow on the ground....look at ya now - car spinnin around.....drivin like a fool wit da' snow on Da ground!!!... Slow it down ....Look like a fool drivin' with the snow on da' snow on da' ground..........

705red

Browncafe Steward
I was watching the weather channel and parts of Maryland got 40 inches of snow. We are expecting a storm starting tonight and lasting through Wednesday but not as bad as what the mid atlantic got, only about 8 inches.

Please becareful and make sure you know what you most important stop is going out, your family will wait for you to come home.

dcdriver

nations capital
over half the center called out. was told to deliver NDA, ground and pickups all at the same time. That is if anybody is open today less than 100 packages on car. Wish me luck. 5-10 more inches of snow for tomorrow.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Division manager couldn't make into work this morning, only one center manager made it. None of the OMS's in my center were there. The roads are a disaster, even the main roads look like ski slopes and we're supposed to get another 5-10 inches starting tomorrow afternoon. Wooot!

BROWN430

good luck. We in central Ohio are suppose to get hit again today thru Wendsday. I guess I picked a good week to be on vacation.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Found this cool photo of the Korean War Veterans Memorial, looks very surreal in the snow.
ss-100206-snow-06.ss_full.jpg
ss-100206-snow-06.ss_full.jpg

Brownforall

Perhaps a (another) stupid question from a customer: do you guys get paid for the day when no business can be done due to weather? I hope so. For those of you going out there for deliveries, pickups and hauling the big feeders, I wish you clear roads, parking, and that the idiot sightseer drivers are staying home watching tv.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Division manager couldn't make into work this morning, only one center manager made it. None of the OMS's in my center were there. The roads are a disaster, even the main roads look like ski slopes and we're supposed to get another 5-10 inches starting tomorrow afternoon. Wooot!
Updated forecast: They are now calling for 10-20 inches in the same time period. It just gets better and better :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Perhaps a (another) stupid question from a customer: do you guys get paid for the day when no business can be done due to weather? I hope so. For those of you going out there for deliveries, pickups and hauling the big feeders, I wish you clear roads, parking, and that the idiot sightseer drivers are staying home watching tv.

Actually that is not a dumb question. If UPS declares a snow emergency and calls you before your shift starts they do not have to pay you and you have the choice of using a paid day or taking a dead day. If you are already at work you are then guaranteed 8 hours.

We missed this storm and will be missing the next one.

tieguy

Banned
lol. As you know most of the exits and on ramps are nothing more then cattle chutes with three foot walls on either sides. Yesterday Morning I saw some idiot flying through one spin out. Did a pefect 90 degree spin and ended up with both ends buried in both walls. good laugh on the way to work as I greeted the 20 guys out of 220 that could make it to work.

NHDRVR

Bottom line is staying safe. I always get a laugh at "calling us back" at around 5 after we have been in heavy snow most of the day. You know, like they are doing us a favor? It's not about being a professional driver at that point. It's a matter of putting employees in harms way...