Working visas

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by squnky, Aug 16, 2013.

1. squnky

squnky New Member

I was wondering if ups gave opportunities to non-us citizens via working visa. If so, what should be done to get one?
  2. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

No. Find a job in your own country
  3. klein

klein Für Meno :)

Which country are you from ?
    And no, I doubt the US would give you a working visa, but Alberta would.
  4. BMWSauber1991

BMWSauber1991 Member

Go onto the United States immigration website.
  5. BMWSauber1991

BMWSauber1991 Member

Here you go:
  6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

My Visa is maxed out.
  7. BMWSauber1991

BMWSauber1991 Member

By the way, I didn't know the US had employee sponsorship immigration. From what I have read about countries in the EU is you generally need to be a skilled/educated person applying to a job that their own citizens can't fill/qualify for. For example Doctors, engineers, nurses, accountants, finance majors, certified mechanics/welders, etc. I don't think I saw anything for box handling considering any simpleton can do it as long as they are breathing and have a pulse. Your chances are slim is what I am getting at.
  8. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

Maybe he's a "box" engineer seeking professional employment with UPS.
  9. BMWSauber1991

BMWSauber1991 Member

Bhahaha, if that's the case I need to find other work with my new found engineering skills. I am highly underpaid for my skill set.
  10. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

A friend of mine went to community college for a few years, then graduated from Mediocre State University with an engineering degree specializing in, well, boxes. He immediately secured a $100K/year job in Chicago in a company that had a corporate softball team and shuttled players around in a private jet to games throughout the country. Sounds like a sweet gig!
  11. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Isn't the CACH building like working in a foreign country?
  12. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

It's in Chicago so probably so.