Working when not scheduled, automatic overtime?

SmithBarney

That's is tricky for older PT employees there is 2nd shift pay, this benefit is not available to newer employees(not sure of the cut off)
now if you have gone home and are "called in" you should get call in pay, which is basically a minimum.
I've been asked/called in, to check the alarm at the building on occasion
and I'm paid call in pay which is 2hrs(I believe) but since I live really close its worth it to me for 20minutes of my time.. ;)

I'm sure others will have different experiences here,*I look forward to reading what others have to say.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I think the cut-off for getting split shift and most other premiums, was anyone hired after 2002, and probably January. I do remember it coming right after 9/11.

LTFedExer

Split shift is paid to anyone that has an uninterrupted break of 1.5 hours or more. OT is paid to anyone that works more than 8 hours for the day OR work on your day off. If you work the AM shift and come in for the PM, no OT unless it's over 8 hours.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Split shift is paid to anyone that has an uninterrupted break of 1.5 hours or more. OT is paid to anyone that works more than 8 hours for the day OR work on your day off. If you work the AM shift and come in for the PM, no OT unless it's over 8 hours.

I believe this is correct.