Working your way up.

chev

Nightcrawler
I'm not reading any further. No matter what, don't come in and call nasty names. Shows what you are.
Yep. It shows that I am human and lost my temper on this ill-witted twit.
Sorry for the foul language.:peaceful: I will try to be a little more civil.

brownIEman

And heres a major problem with our company today folks. You have these kids that are still wearing diapers living at mommy and daddys that have been giving a title of PT supervisor and their head sweels instantly.

If you plan on working at ups in your so called supersup role, you should probably wipe the pimple cream off of your face and work on your people skills.

you are correct red, the suggested is not the best way to deal with people and it is a major problem at our company.

On the other hand, another major problem at our company is people not taking pride in putting in a fair days work for the fair days pay. Look at the amount of advise in this thread to make the seniority, then work as slowly as you wish. I absolutely agree working safely is paramount, but working as slowly as one wishes, is IMHO, hardly a fair days work.

brownIEman

Your still an on-road correct?

STFU, Corporate has eliminated any real teeth from your job. Part-timers now do dispatch. You guys essentially do the busy body work.

You ride drivers.....train drivers on area knowledge and follow up with drivers who keep showing up on the "bad" reports.

I know I know...it's real tough to be an on-road!

ok, did anyone other than me notice the irony in this statement?

dillweed

Yep. It shows that I am human and lost my temper on this ill-witted twit.
Sorry for the foul language.:peaceful: I will try to be a little more civil.

I'm sorry chev, I was addressing supersup but hit your post by mistake. Please forgive

Last edited:

SuperSup

So.... I thought I would give everyone an update on my original post before super**** opened his dirty mouth. Today while unloading with one of the 20 year guys. I had asked him " so where is the new guy"? "I haven't seen him in 4 days"? He told me that management didn't have a spot to put him. Ive been working everyday by the way since I started. which I really appreciate. We ended up talking about " working your way to other jobs in the facility. I asked " don't you have to work your way up to get into another job here"? He said yes. I asked then why is it that the newer guy was doing it before me? He said he asked the same question. and stated that he had told our sup that I should of been doing that. And I said " So I pretty much got screwed then"? He said yea. He also said theres nothing I can do about it until I get seniority. I guess my point is that I'm still a little upset about it. I know to some people it may not seem like a big deal but when your treated unfairly... it just really gets you down. Starts to make you wonder if maybe I'm doing something wrong to not get that opportunity. I served in Iraq for a year and 4 months and counting the time I trained to go there away from home I was gone for 2 months shy of 2 years straight. And to be treated this way just really has me down. I want to be pissed off and say something but I wont. I'll keep working my ass off because thats who I am. I'll just suck it up and drive on. Nothing new. Thanks everybody for the great advice...except super******.:peaceful:

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSup

I apologize. Thank you for your service to our country, you are one of many unsung heroes. I'm glad you made it home safe, and the sacrifices by you and your family are amazing to me. My issue is that in this economy, I hate hearing people complaining about our company, which I believe is top notch. I've had the unfortunate duty of laying off over 20 percent of my drivers in the last month, and they are all hard-working folks. It's a tough line to walk, doing what's right for the business while trying to remain compassionate to the people that I know personally. I guess that's why this is a great forum. I can take my frustrations out on people in here, instead of the guys that work for me. Again, totally seriously, thank you for protecting the liberties that we enjoy.

chev

Nightcrawler
I'm sorry chev, I was addressing supersup but hit your post by mistake. Please forgive
No. It did apply to me. You would still have been correct in applying it to my post. No need to say sorry dill. :)
I am sometimes "a very willful boy sir, if you don't mine my saying so"

Last edited: