workmans comp

mitchel

2 weeks a go i started workman's comp. i just received a letter/forms to sign by the company taking care of it...after reading it, it is completely invase of privacy . i have to sign off on release of such things as..am i HIV positive, am i under psychiatric care ..and every medical care and doctor or care i have had in the last 10 years. is this legal?

mitchel

2 weeks a go i started workman's comp. i just received a letter/forms to sign by the company taking care of it...after reading it, it is completely invase of privacy . i have to sign off on release of such things as..am i HIV positive, am i under psychiatric care ..and every medical care and doctor or care i have had in the last 10 years. is this legal?
For the record, I'm not any of those. but they don't need to ask or know if i were

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'd only answer the stuff I'm comfortable with within the limits of medical discretion. Sedgwick doesn't need to know everything.

By the way, good luck getting any of those Sedgwick reps to answer the phone. Emails seem to work better.

hypo hanna

Consider getting a lawyer. Workers comp at least in my state is administered by a legal company not and insurance co. their sole reason for being is to cut services and cost.

oldngray

nowhere special
Consider getting a lawyer. Workers comp at least in my state is administered by a legal company not and insurance co. their sole reason for being is to cut services and cost.

Workers comp comes out of the company's pocket so they will do everything possibly to drag out and deny claims, and the administrators usually have primary loyalty to the company.

hypo hanna

Your health is not a concern to them. Only the bottom line. My brother came very close to being crippled for life because of their delaying/denying tactics. It was only when he got his own lawyer that they started approving treatments his own doctor said he needed.

FUFred

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOP !!!!!!!
1. Get a lawyer.
2. Listen to the lawyer
3. Do not do anything with out talking to your lawyer.

FUFred

Okay, now that I said that I can take my time with this.

Same-thing happened to me 1.5-2 years ago.

I no longer work for the company, I was fired March 2013 but I look on here and try to help out when I can.

Do not sign anything, talk about anything to anyone but a lawyer. Depending on what state you live in the lawyer may not cost you anything up front. Mine cost my part of my settlement,( from my injury to payout was about 1.5 years and I got that 6 months after being fired.

The state I live in, for workers comp, I was able to see any doctor, so I went with one of the best orthopedic surgeon in the state, FedEx paid for everything and reimbursed for the driving, gas, tolls, over the counter meds, anything related to the injury, and SAVE ALL your receipts.
This is when the Lawyer helps out too.

Management will tell you tell you all sorts of lies, all sort of of BS do not believe any of it.

Best of luck

barnyard

KTM rider
The best thing the OP can do is learn the WC laws in his/her own state. They vary greatly. In my state, I did not need a lawyer, as the state provides someone to advocate on my behalf.