Workplace violence

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by hypo hanna, Aug 10, 2012.

1. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

A little bird told me our local dispatch office is getting workplace violence awareness training. ( watch the vid, take the quest test and see your mgr to sign some sort of acknowledgement.) Supposed to be system wide. Anyone else get this yet? There been a rash of incidents lately? Or maybe they are getting ready for October surprise.
  2. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

Don't we all watch some dumb vid. and sign off on something on a computer like every 2 yrs. for this?
  3. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Our "training" has been to acknowledge a "Y" or "N" in PRISM. Very extensive.
  4. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Pretty much and just enough for the managers to cover their asses.
  5. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Yep. When you go-off some morning after they collapse surrounding routes and drop 30 extra stops you your route, they can fire you for being a "risk".
  6. yepyep

yepyep New Member

I've had to sign off on workplace violence videos at least 4 times in the last 2 years. I think there is more than one. I asked my mgr if they were trying to tell me something, but they really just get an email saying prism shows it due.
  7. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

^^^^ Yep.
    I don't remember seeing any vids. but, I just check off "Y" on the screen, punch out and go home.