Workplacee violence the answers!

BleedBrown33

Here is the loophole to keep your job!
WRONG WAY!

When disgruntled employee advances strikes you and you lash back and are defending yourself in brawl...YOU WILL LOSE YOURE JOB AND IT WILL TAKE 1 WEEK TO ONE MONTH TO GET YOURE JOB BACK HOPEFULLY KEEP YOURE FINGERS CROSSED!

RIGHT WAY!

employee advances stikes you then you back up let them strike you again then you fight back....THIS IS DEFENDING YOURSELF IN UPS'S EYE!

THIS IS TRYED AND TRUE CALL YOURE LOCAL THEY WILL TELL YOU THE SAME

BleedBrown33

Say what you want this is true you can not take 2nd swing it must be 3rd. Reasoining is if you fight back immediately you did not do anything to avoid further confrontation *******. Like i said call the hall and they will back it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

BleedBrown33

Personally i have seen this done a half dozen times and in wrong way both our out until panel. Right way defending employee finishs out the day and reports tomarrow!

LKLND3380

Here is the loophole to keep your job!
WRONG WAY!

When disgruntled employee advances strikes you and you lash back and are defending yourself in brawl...YOU WILL LOSE YOURE JOB AND IT WILL TAKE 1 WEEK TO ONE MONTH TO GET YOURE JOB BACK HOPEFULLY KEEP YOURE FINGERS CROSSED!

RIGHT WAY!

employee advances stikes you then you back up let them strike you again then you fight back....THIS IS DEFENDING YOURSELF IN UPS'S EYE!

THIS IS TRYED AND TRUE CALL YOURE LOCAL THEY WILL TELL YOU THE SAME

I think the attacker may strike three times and you back up three times. Then you can use dealy force and it is justified. The victim must make a retreat...

Now if you are in your home and being attacked then the castle doctrine applies in some states - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine

SoyFish

Well I was in this topic and noticed this quote on the left hand side "Every package is a guest of honor at UPS|Anonymous "

I think the guests of honor take the most abuse in the workplace lol

drewed

Shankman
Well I was in this topic and noticed this quote on the left hand side "Every package is a guest of honor at UPS|Anonymous "

I think the guests of honor take the most abuse in the workplace lol

I believe the full quote was something to the affect that just like the passenger airlines, every package is an honored guest, and deserves to be treated as such by a UPS airline president 1980

Johney

I'll take the beating without fighting back, Then sue everyone I can.:greedy: I gotta believe if I'm assaulted by a UPS employee I could sue them right? Sure I can this is America:greedy:

drewed

Shankman
I'll take the beating without fighting back, Then sue everyone I can.:greedy: I gotta believe if I'm assaulted by a UPS employee I could sue them right? Sure I can this is America:greedy:

Sue UPS or the employee?
the only way you could probably win suing UPS was if you had reported that there was an incident (verbal, harrassment, hostile posturing) and your sup did nothing and it escalated after

Johney

Sue UPS or the employee?
the only way you could probably win suing UPS was if you had reported that there was an incident (verbal, harrassment, hostile posturing) and your sup did nothing and it escalated after
I would think I could sue UPS for not maintaining a safe work enviroment and possibly the assailent(sp?) for medical expenses, pain and suffering? I know I'm reaching but I'm sure I'd have an ample share of ambulance chasers willing to take my case.

drewed

Shankman
I would think I could sue UPS for not maintaining a safe work enviroment and possibly the assailent(sp?) for medical expenses, pain and suffering? I know I'm reaching but I'm sure I'd have an ample share of ambulance chasers willing to take my case.

thats reaching quiet a bit, i think only the situation i stated above is within reason....

drewed

Shankman
and you deserved to get your ass kicked in and out of court if you think you could sue over that, thats everything thats wrong with America. People being self absorbed and greedy, thanks alot of being an outstanding citizen

Johney

and you deserved to get your ass kicked in and out of court if you think you could sue over that, thats everything thats wrong with America. People being self absorbed and greedy, thanks alot of being an outstanding citizen
Thank you. and yes there maybe alot wrong with America and if you think you can fix it knock yourself out. People sue for less and get plenty If YOU think I'm self absorbed and greedy oh well. When opportunity knocks you'd better answer or it may leave you behind. Again thank you from...one of America's OUTSTANDING CITIZANS:peaceful:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
yes you could sue, and win. problem is reality. unless there are mitigating issues, the size you want and will get are far appart. the lawyers will get a larger chunk than you.

d

LKLND3380

I think UPS would settle out of court...

Now if you can proove the person had a prior history and UPS knew after completing a background check... BIG MONEY...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

UPS cant have it both ways. They cant on the one hand say "you will be fired for defending yourself" and then on the other hand expect to be free from any liability when an employee follows their rules and gets his ass kicked as a result.

There is no law, rule or statute that requires a person to get punched a certain number of times before he is allowed to defend himeself.