world jr hockey

And maybe it might be a good idea to be un-american once in a while and take an objective look at things. Bread and Circuses, my friend ... Bread and Circuses.

While I'll admit the comparing DS and Klein is like comparing apples and weiners it would also be nice for once to not have folks from any other country tell us Americans what we should give a darn about.

I do mean this respectfully towards DS as the other 99.9% of my hostility belongs to the other person and DS is just catching shrapnel, sorry.

moreluck

golden ticket member
pickup...I'm disappointed :( Maybe most Americans don't care,but maybe they should.The US junior team was awesome last year and considering it's against
the rest of the world,it's just un-American to just not give a hoot,and hmmmm...Moreluck I love ya but complaining about sports on a thread about sports?

Subjects need to be in their proper place. Down the road if someone tries to find the jr. hockey thread, they'll search under sports because that's where it belongs. What if the libraries out there decided to ignore the card catalog and just put the book back wherever. Everything has it's place.
There is only one "junk drawer" on Browncafe.......Meaningless fluff!!

How would you like it if I started posting recipes under the canada thread?

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, I did join the TSN fb world junior pool before the tournament began.
There are 5 Molson prizes to be won, each around $3500 in value.

Sofar, out of 16 games, I only got one wrong (USA-Finnland) , picked the US to win that one :(
I'm taking a big chance today, and just changed my pick for today's game against the US . I picked the US to win over Canada now.

As far as Americans not caring about this tournament, I wonder if as many have predicted, it came down to a USA-Canada Gold medal game.
These games were just held in the USA a few years back. Why bother with them, then ?
They are also putting over 300 Million dollars into our local communities of Edmonton & Calgary, with little or no cost to tax payers at all.

klein

Finnland - Czech Rep 4:0

Another pick I had right in the pool, making 16 right predictions out of 17 games sofar.

Still wondering if my pick USA to win over Canada later today is the right one (not too late to change it)... I could use some input on that one from anyone following this tourny.

klein

Changed my pick. Canada wins tonight, and the US hockey team will go down as the worst in jr hockey history.

klein

As it stands now, this is the worst the US team did since 1999 (12 years).

I just can't see the great north losing, even though it's totally unrelevant. Not here in Edmonton, anyways.

images

As we like to say in America, Suck it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Game is starting shortly. Come us Americans tune into the game - it's broadcasted around the world !

Why don't you get it? We don't care about hockey..........................soccer either.
If anyone is interested in watching, they'll tune it in without you reminding them every couple minutes.

Most people down here are getting dressed up to go out and celebrate the New Year with a fancy dinner or just a get together with friends.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, at least here, in my house, we've never been to a hockey game.....don't plan to ever go to one either. I guess you will have to poll all Americans to get their opininons.

NBA is much more interesting to watch................no protection worn there.....hardly.