world jr hockey

DS

Fenderbender
Maybe we could look up the scores in the obituaries!!

You may dislike Klein,but although you have no use for it,this series is ongoing,and important to others that do.
It ain't dead yet.We thrive on hockey,you thrive on vegas,and even though it's sports,it belongs here in current events.
Don't let one Germadian dissuade you from at least putting up with our customs.

You may dislike Klein,but although you have no use for it,this series is ongoing,and important to others that do.
It ain't dead yet.We thrive on hockey,you thrive on vegas,and even though it's sports,it belongs here in current events.

We have no problem with this. Or Canadians. Hell I'm more Canadian than anything else. But you can only put a ".....better than the U.S." tagline on every sentence so often before some folks are going to give it back.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Anytime I want to read about Hockey, I know to go to 'Sports'. There are games happening right today, but you don't put those on Current events. They are in sports where they belong. S

pecial K is just sitting back and laughing and thinking he's getting away with something like a little kid. I know where to go if I want Sports....that's why I don't go there. I don't like sports....but guess what, I have to open every one to get the "new " post thingy to go away. If you are saying it's part of your customs, then put it under the Canadian thread.

If I took Current Events in school, we did not have a chapter on Hockey. Move the hockey coverage to sports where it belongs or put it under UPS Union Issues...I don't like to go there either!

Do you keep the toothpaste in the kitchen? I don't That's how I see it.

DS

Fenderbender
Ok Joyce,I conceded.You are right,sports is sports.But it is happening now,so since so few people ever view that thread even though it's a current event,they will never see it.

klein

Für Meno :)
Last year Buffalo, USA held this tournament, next year it's Russia, then Sweden, and after that the games return to Canada.

Also, I didn't start this thread !

Russia and Finnland won today , leaving only 4 teams left (Canada, Sweden, Finnland and Russia).

Russia plays Canada, and Sweden vs Finnland - winners go on to the gold medal game, losers play for the Bronze.

I hope all of you Americans write to your city officials that you don't want to ever host these games again, nor any winter olympics, since no one in your country cares about them.

Others, like us Canadians, we will gladly host them instead of you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

....but guess what, I have to open every one to get the "new " post thingy to go away...

This is not true. All you have to do is click on the forum icon, scan through the threads, read the ones that you want and then double click on the forum icon to mark the remaining threads as having been read.

You are as guilty as what you are accusing Klein of. For example, there was a thread which I believe Jones started about running. Now, I don't picture you as a runner, but you felt compelled to post something about low mirrors and women checking for "runners" in their panty hose. Completely off topic and totally unnecessary.

This hockey tournament is a current event. I do agree that it should be in sports (DS moved it last night) but don't find it a big deal that it is not.

If you have no interest in a thread you don't have to read it and you most certainly don't have to post in it.

Last year Buffalo, USA held this tournament, next year it's Russia, then Sweden, and after that the games return to Canada.

Also, I didn't start this thread !

Russia and Finnland won today , leaving only 4 teams left (Canada, Sweden, Finnland and Russia).

Russia plays Canada, and Sweden vs Finnland - winners go on to the gold medal game, losers play for the Bronze.

I hope all of you Americans write to your city officials that you don't want to ever host these games again, nor any winter olympics, since no one in your country cares about them.

Others, like us Canadians, we will gladly host them instead of you

It's not the subject matter. It's your non stop comments like above that get people to turn on it if you're involved. Do a reality check of every thread you've posted in, Travel,Food,Sports, Women,UPS Driving,etc. It's not the subject it's YOU! You can't go more than a few posts before a snide remark comes out and then we turn on you. Some people think you're entertaining like Otis the drunk in Mayberry. Others have a very short tolerance before they open up with both barrels. Ask yourself, What's the Common Denominator here?

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is not true. All you have to do is click on the forum icon, scan through the threads, read the ones that you want and then double click on the forum icon to mark the remaining threads as having been read.

You are as guilty as what you are accusing Klein of. For example, there was a thread which I believe Jones started about running. Now, I don't picture you as a runner, but you felt compelled to post something about low mirrors and women checking for "runners" in their panty hose. Completely off topic and totally unnecessary.

This hockey tournament is a current event. I do agree that it should be in sports (DS moved it last night) but don't find it a big deal that it is not.

If you have no interest in a thread you don't have to read it and you most certainly don't have to post in it.
The problem is you don't get the "connective jokes".....No one can give you a sense of humor if you don't already have it. It's seeing things in a double or triple way. You are funnelled with blinders on.

klein

Sorry Cach, but I see you as a sore loser.
You know damn well the US Team should be in the top remaining 4 teams, and if they were Americans would follow it more now.

Saying Americans aren't interested in hockey is just plain garbage. You have twice or almost tripple the amount of NHL teams than Canada has.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The problem is you don't get the "connective jokes".....No one can give you a sense of humor if you don't already have it. It's seeing things in a double or triple way. You are funnelled with blinders on.

The problem is you are bored and feel as though you have to post on every single thread in every single forum.

Sorry Cach, but I see you as a sore loser.
You know damn well the US Team should be in the top remaining 4 teams, and if they were Americans would follow it more now.

Saying Americans aren't interested in hockey is just plain garbage. You have twice or almost tripple the amount of NHL teams than Canada has.
images

klein

Game Finnland - Sweden to begin any minute now.
Winner goes on to the Gold Medal Game, loser plays for the Bronze.

It's hockey at it's best !

klein

What a game that was ! For the 4th time in this World Championship, Sweden ties up a game within the last 100 seconds.
Went to OT , and then a shoot-out.

How much luck can a team have ? Sweden advances to the Gold medal game final.

Canada-Russia plays it out now soon (next hr), to decide who plays Sweden for the Gold, and who plays Finnland for the Bronze.

Final game day is Thursday.

klein

Looking forward, Canadian hockey fans have a lot to celebrate.
How many World Juniors U20 Championships will Canada host between 2013 and 2021?
a) 2
b) 3
c) 4
d) 6

Answer after tonights Canada -Russia game ! :)

Last edited: