World series picks

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have to admit i love seeing tampa bay clinch a play off spot yesterday. A team without a huge salary and basically kids playing the game they love, but im a life long cuns fan and this is our year. Maybe tampa can win next year!

GO CUBS!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Angels/Dodgers freeway series! Angels will sweep the sox and the Cubbies will fall to their own curse of being a loser for 99 years and make it 100!:peaceful:

705red

Browncafe Steward
You might see a subway series here white sox and cubs. If this is the case im going to stay at dreweds in alaska. The city couldnt handle it, that cow didnt cause as much damage as this world series could do.

They have actually passed an ordinance here that no booze can be sold after the 7th inning in any bar around wrigley for clinching games! friend-ING daley that sox loving MFER!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is a good reason for the edict on selling beer after the 7th inning. When Montreal won their playoff series against Boston (NHL), the city went nuts. Cars overturned, looting, arson. Turns out it had little or nothing to do with the series but they used it as an excuse to unleash their rage. 15 police cars were either overturned or torched.

705red

Browncafe Steward
If the cubs win the series i promise you that there will be over turned cars, buses, trains and lots of girls showing their breasts on a chilly october night! I cant wait!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the cubs win the series i promise you that there will be over turned cars, buses, trains and lots of girls showing their breasts on a chilly october night! I cant wait!

Well, judging from tonight's game, there will be no high beams in Chicago this fall--at least on the Cubs' side of town.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, so far Chicago is 0 for 4 and both will be watching the World Series from the comfort of their recliners.

I am a Red Sox but am a baseball fan first and have to admit that, although it would knock us out of the playoffs, I would love to see Tampa Bay in the World Series.

Tampa Bay/Dodgers?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dodgers to get the broom out today and sweep the Cubbies back to Chicago!! Go Dodgers!!:happy2:

Good call, Tony. I predict the White sox will join them this afternoon.

Red Sox will beat Tampa in 6 while the Dodgers will beat Phillies in 5.

Red Sox over Dodgers in 7. Manny does not enjoy his return to Boston.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Good call, Tony. I predict the White sox will join them this afternoon.

Red Sox will beat Tampa in 6 while the Dodgers will beat Phillies in 5.

Red Sox over Dodgers in 7. Manny does not enjoy his return to Boston.

I'll agree with all of this except the last line, have you seen how much fun Manny is having?? He's been a big inspiration for the entire team bringing them out of mediocrity at the right time and with Torre at the helm what else do they need??

Dodgers in 6!:happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just curious, where was all of this while he was in Boston? How come you never saw him hustle down to first the way he did in the game the other day?

I suggest Joe Torre use him as the DH during the games at Fenway because Manny will have a long night if he is in left field.

tieguy

Banned
Just curious, where was all of this while he was in Boston? How come you never saw him hustle down to first the way he did in the game the other day?

I suggest Joe Torre use him as the DH during the games at Fenway because Manny will have a long night if he is in left field.

or he gets bombed with cans of boston baked beans....:happy-very:

Channahon

Well, no Chicago team will win the series. At least the Sox went one more game than the Cubs. Which the Sox were lucky to even get in the playoffs, although they did play well against Detroit and Minnesota to get in, but a much better team beat them.

As Jay Leno said the other night, you know it's October, because the Chicago Cubs are choking in the playoffs. How true is that?
All the hype once again, and the fans disappointed once again.

Devil Rays is my pick to take it all!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
What doea a bear on birth control and wearing sandles have in common with the 2008 world series?

No cubs! No sox!