World Series Predictions

A

an anonymous guest

I think the Yankees will make a run at it but Boston will win the division. The Yanks will get the wild card and prevail in the AL Championship series.

The Mets will win their division.

AROD is now 0-May and looks intimidated at the plate. Giambi is washed up. None of the Yankee pitchers were in shape to pitch when the season started.
I would have liked them to no sign Clemons and give the young guns llike De Salvo and Phillips a shot...

Go UPS!
Go Yanks!
P71

rod

Retired 22 years
While it is still early in the season I thought it would be a good time to see what some of my UPSers think.

AL Champs NY Yankees
NL Champs Atlanta Braves/New York Mets
WS Champions (once again) NY Yankees
Well if nothing else you and Regis Philban agree.

StopsPerCar

Yankees World Series Champs?????

Not a shot in hell. They are 10 games out of first and havent won the world series in 7 years. This is the first time since Torre has been manager the team has been 10 games out of first. AND the Mets put them there. Theres a New, Younger, Better and more talented team in town and its gonna be along time before that changes.
Lets Go Mets!

ikoi62

Not a shot in hell. They are 10 games out of first and havent won the world series in 7 years. This is the first time since Torre has been manager the team has been 10 games out of first. AND the Mets put them there. Theres a New, Younger, Better and more talented team in town and its gonna be along time before that changes.
Lets Go Mets!
:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

local804

Lets Go Mets!

Psst
Facts
1.Yankees played 40 games
2.MLB season 162
3.122 games left
4.Yankees bashed mets in 2000 subways series
5.Mets will allways be the 2nd NY team
My
Entire
Team
Sucks
7.See you in October

ikoi62

Psst
Facts
1.Yankees played 40 games and only won 18 of them!
2.MLB season 162
3.122 games left
4.Yankees bashed mets in 2000 subways series 7 years ago !!
My
Entire
Team
Sucks
7.See you in October
Yankee fans always live in the past..
today you are 11 games out...Thank you NY Mets!!!

wyobill

Its a little early for baseball predictions but your have to love to to hate the Yankees. I just hope the brewers keep it up.
My question is who loves the little lier, cheating Barry Bonds and what does Hank Arron think who earned it the old fashion way. Without Steroids!

browniehound

I respect Local's predicitions. You need to stand by your team. Otherwise you can't be called a fan. The Yankees are very talented. However, they are hurting in the most crucial area-pitching. Riveira is not lights out like he used to be (he is still an above average closer though) and Mussina and Petitite are getting old, and Clemens is 44. I believe they can make a run and get back in it, but to win the WS? No.

And Local, what is going to happen when Posada leaves? He is the heart and soul of the teams (2nd to Jetter of course, who by the way isn't getting any younger). The end is near my friend. This is from a Red Sox fan. Good luck!

UPS Lifer

I guess I am the only one on the West Coast reading this thread....

Playboy says it is the Angels and the Dodgers in the World Series this year!!!
I tend to agree thought I would also like to see a Cubs -White Sox series! (Fat Chance on that one!)

PAS'd out

This ain't rocket science
Hey loco 804
Boston Celtics, 16 NBA Championships where are they now? To quote the most over hyped coach ever in Boston, perhaps in sports history…

Larry Bird is not walking through that door, fans. Kevin McHale is not walking through that door, and Robert Parish is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they're going to be gray and old…… People don't realize that, and as soon as they realize those three guys are not coming through that door, the better this town will be for all of us …….. ”
Pitino's remarks instantly became a cornerstone of
Boston Celtics lore, and has served as a metaphor for other sports teams and their inability to relive past successes.
You Yankees fans are delusional and Tourettes like. You think because of past success that is going translate into present day success and before 2004 ( remember that bit of RECENT HISTORY?) it was always 1918. Now that piece of history of no longer relevant so you have to rely on past successes. Sad indeed.

local804

There is a difference between the Celtics and the Yankees and you dont need a rocket scientist to figure that one out. The Celtics have never had any players with the caliber of the old school players that they had in the past. The Yankees on the other hand have a few active players that statistically match up with the old time Yankee greats. Did I say past success was going to translate into present day sucess or did you?
Well I did not. Sad indeed.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Psst
Facts
1.Yankees played 40 games
2.MLB season 162
3.122 games left
4.Yankees bashed mets in 2000 subways series
My
Entire
Team
Sucks
7.See you in October
What happened this weekend 804? Besides losing 2 starting pitchers.

local804

What happened this weekend 804? Besides losing 2 starting pitchers.

Hello 705:
I would be honored to answer your question. The Mets took the series from the Braves and the Yankees took the series from the best team in baseball (numberwise), the Boston Red Sox. Looks like someone woke up the sleeping giants. We cant wait for Rocket to get here.

P.S. Dont even bother posting here sox fans.

moreluck

golden ticket member
A rookie pitcher was struggling at the mound, so the catcher walked out to have a talk with him. "I've figured out your problem," he told the young southpaw. "You always seem to lose control at the same point in every game."

"When is that?" asked the kid.

"Right after the National Anthem."

browniehound

Hello 705:
I would be honored to answer your question. The Mets took the series from the Braves and the Yankees took the series from the best team in baseball (numberwise), the Boston Red Sox. Looks like someone woke up the sleeping giants. We cant wait for Rocket to get here.

P.S. Dont even bother posting here sox fans.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I can't wait for rocket to get there either 'cause he is not the same pitcher he was even in 2003 and the Sox are going to have their wat with him:w00t:

local804

Wow Seems like the bosox cant figure out how to beat the Yankees anymore. 705, I was a bit amused by the dugout scuffle between the two team players on your clowns oh I mean Cubs.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Wow Seems like the bosox cant figure out how to beat the Yankees anymore. 705, I was a bit amused by the dugout scuffle between the two team players on your clowns oh I mean Cubs.
804 i saw more hits in the cubs dugout today than the yankees scorecard over the last week. Yankees came to play tonight. How about the tigers thinking they had the game all locked up and the indians scoring 5 to win it in the 9th. I just hope this fight fires up the cubs, maybe they can play as a team instead of individuals only worrying about their own stats!

local804

Lmfao
6 games down in a row, coach about to go postal, and the team fighting with eachother? You shouldnt even post in this thread Red.