Worried about my back

MAKAVELI

i think back braces are meant to encourage proper lifting, i doubt they do much else other than compress some muscles and connective tissues so they don't move around as much while you're moving. I'd say maybe you should reconsider how you lift, but I wouldn't simplify it that much altogether. I'd see a doctor if it's affordable for you
Workers comp is very affordable. It's free.;)

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
After a day's work, the last thing I want to do is strengthen core muscles, but I hear what you're saying. Is there a website or app with good core strengthening exercises?

I'm not complaining (too much), just wondering what people use to protect their back. Is there anything else other than a back brace in terms of protective equipment?
Stretching, chiropractor and an inversion table help alot. I get on my inversion table every morning when I wake up and every night right before bed.

Anthonysg0113

It's true, proper lifting is key, and getting help with stuff you really shouldn't be lifting by yourself(especially). I hurt my back, and it creeps up on you. That job's rough, take care of yourself!

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Like 4u said sex on a regular basis, yoga, gym(back machine) and get a back support and stop whining or find another job lifting cases of bubblewrap.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The only problem with back braces is you are only supposed to tighten them when you are actually lifting something.
The problem with back braces is, you are at home, moving crap around, your back is used to having it at work, suddenly at home, you are cleaning moving a chair, no brace, bam hurt.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
And they tell me to lift with my legs and not my back, HA my back is all I have left.[/quo
The core, concentrate on the core. Back and stomach including knees . I can't bend with my knees picking something up get d real. Three points of contact is also a crock of s.