Worst experience with a customer

clean hairy

The ones who get all upset "this is box 2 of 2, where is the other box?"
It didn't make it on your truck, but they are demanding you give them box 1 of 2, even though you don't have it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Bear in mind whenever dealing with an abusive customer that the odds are pretty good that someone nearby has a smartphone, which means you are less than 5 minutes away from being visible world wide on YouTube, or even the local news if things get really out of hand. Your best defense is to refuse to participate in the insanity. Be polite. Be boring. Repeating "have a nice day sir" over and over again, regardless of what the customer says, will accomplish 2 things: it will royally piss them off, and it will be proof that you did not escalate the situation if someone is recording the incident.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

There's nothing better than a :censored2: off customer screaming about calling your supervisor and getting you fired.

I usually offer to call them right then for them. The looks on some of their faces is priceless.
He told me "I want to talk to your supervisor!" I was like okay well he's at home now. The buck stops here at the moment. That's when he asked for the 1800.

Next time I should just start dialing the number and see his reaction.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The ones who get all upset "this is box 2 of 2, where is the other box?"
It didn't make it on your truck, but they are demanding you give them box 1 of 2, even though you don't have it.
Yep. The guy that chewed my ass about the knocking on the door was also mad that he only recieved 2 partial shipments.

I bet I told him 5 times this is everything I have on my truck I'm not sure what you want me to do.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I once ran a route where this one guy would always come to the door with a thong on. 10 degrees or whatever it didnt matter. I would stop 100 yds from his house and he would still know I was there. I even tried the drop-and-run tactic and before I could make it off his porch he would scream "HEY" and he would do some kind of stripper dance while I was gettin the hell out of Dodge.

box_beeyotch

I once ran a route where this one guy would always come to the door with a thong on. 10 degrees or whatever it didnt matter. I would stop 100 yds from his house and he would still know I was there. I even tried the drop-and-run tactic and before I could make it off his porch he would scream "HEY" and he would do some kind of stripper dance while I was gettin the hell out of Dodge.

Not nearly as flattering as the milf who answers the door in a nightie.

FilingBluesFL

I guess one of the more recent ones, was an old dude and his wife got a smaller wine box. Had a route with about 150+, and I was at his house after 8pm or something on a Friday.

I tilt the diad to sign, and he of course snatches it out of my hand, and starts to give me a piece of his mind as to how he could be doing something else on a Friday night instead of waiting for this wine to show up blah blah blah and refused to hand the diad back or sign for the wine until he deflated his lungs in my direction. Riiiigggghhhhhtttt..... because a geriatric has SO many better places to be on a Friday night.... GTFO with that crap.

Had a long running battle with a woman that thought when I deliver her stuff to the back door of her business, that I should also put them on the shelves she tells me to, with the labels facing out so she could read them.

"No, sorry, unless you're going to cut me a paycheck for working in your store, it's not going to happen." That was a battle of Epic proportions. I won.

clarnzz

I've got a pretty low end trailer park on my route, there is one of them who get's some sort of medical crap. There are some gay pride stickers on the front door and a couple tree fiddy pounders, and an old man who answers the door sometimes (who knows). It get's better, the smell from this trailer is enough to make you gag, but on occasions the one will come to the door in little to nothing with :censored2: you wouldn't wish your worst enemy to see, and also has ran across the room naked in the backround with the old dude signing. It's :censored2: you'd consider taking a 2 hour lunch to need help for 1 stop.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
During the early part of 2000, when I won my first bid route, I had a package for an address that was a usual customer.
All of her previous packages were driver release to date, but this one was signature required.
When she wasn't home, I left a delivery notice.

When I returned the next day, I found a long note berating UPS for not realizing that she had a job and a life that did not afford her the time to sit home and wait for me to arrive with signature required parcel.
At the end of the note, in bold magic marker, she wrote I will be home at 6:15.

Upon reading this revelation, I took out my pen, wrote her another delivery notice for the second attempt and wrote in my own bold letters on the bottom of her note, "SO WILL I"!!!

dezguy

I had a customer that expected me to drive to various locations of their store if no one was at the specified delivery point. I explained that would not be happening to which they told me they pay extra to get stuff delivered by Express so we should be bending over backwards for them. I guess they didn't like it when I told them I have many other customers who pay extra for Express so they have the option of specifying a delivery point or they could pick up their packages at the station because a couple of weeks later, my manger came to laughing with a complaint he got claiming I was swearing and yelling at them.

He thought it was funny but I did not. I don't find the humour in someone trying to get you fired because they're butthurt they didn't get their way. All of a sudden, that stop went from a pre lunch delivery to my last delivery of the day, when I get them and when I do get them, my phone is recording the whole delivery.

Boulevard859710

How about the :censored2:s that expect you to know their package is worth $$$?!
Customer: You mean I don't have to sign for it?! You know how much this is worth?! You would have left it if I wasn't home?!
Me: Yes. As long as we leave it out of sight, out of weather. The shipper did not request a signature. Next time have the shipper require a signature.
Customer: How about I call your supervisor?
Me: Go ahead. They'll tell you the same thing.

clean hairy

How about the Customers who try to peel off cash for a COD, and cannot comprehend when you show them on the label where it states "cashiers check or Money order only"
Then, they argue that COD means "cash on delivery" UGH, those are a royal pain!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How about the Customers who try to peel off cash for a COD, and cannot comprehend when you show them on the label where it states "cashiers check or Money order only"
Then, they argue that COD means "cash on delivery" UGH, those are a royal pain!

I think it was shortly after the strike that we stopped taking cash.

box_beeyotch

Got another one, yesterday I returned to the building and a customer from a particular residential whom which I delivered a large pottery barn over 70 too called in a concern that I delivered his package to his porch, rang the doorbell and left. My supervisor just followed up with me on it and pretty much had a good laugh at the stupidity. I'm guessing his gripe was that I didn't bring it in the house for him which is not my job so he can kick rocks and then go smoke them.