Worst experience with management team

box_beeyotch

Remember the biggest jerk on the management team in your building on over years? What specifically made you feel that way? What is the most cruel thing you have ever seen a member of the management team do to an hourly?

Returntosender

Years ago management security attempted to strip search a driver cause the metal detector was going off. So another driver from outside the fence cell phone recorded the security guy, when the security guy seen the recording he let the driver pass. Security got hand wands a few days later security wand the driver and beeped around his knees. Driver showed them some kind of medical card, saying metal bolts in legs.

Rumor has it the security guy got fired for sending out personal next day air envelopes without paying for them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a real :censored2: as a sup. Been through anger management and all kinds of stuff. Rumor is his family is monster shipper so he will never be fired.

Well called in 1 day to say I was over 14 hours. He went on a 20 minute rant about how drivers like me were ruining this company. I said ok well now I need another 20 minutes taken off me. Unless you'd like to keep talking.

Pretty sure he about stroked out. Lol

He never got to me but I know he's been very close to getting in physical altercations with a few drivers and called guys every name in the book.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
It's not personal.

I take the good with the bad. When they realize I don't play the games, the leave me alone.

For instance.

I recently bid unassigned and got off the route I've had for ten years. Never did my first Orion stop or even turned it on.

I never heard a word.

Today I over heard my old on road talkin to the new bid driver about how he needed to horn his first Orion stop and follow orion

box_beeyotch

We had an on car when I first started at UPS who wouldn't allow a guy to drop the route he was on when he got a phone call notifying him that his father had just had a heart attack.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had an on car when I first started at UPS who wouldn't allow a guy to drop the route he was on when he got a phone call notifying him that his father had just had a heart attack.
Yeah I have heard of sups telling drivers "well it's your 2nd kid you were there for the first one right?"

rod

Retired 22 years
I've posted this before but I had a center manager call me at home after going on comp for a back problem (this after not missing one day of scheduled work for the first 17 years) and tell me "he knew I was lying and to get my ass back to work".

T

Turdferguson

I was given a verbal when my second child was born. It was a complicated pregnancy , and I had to miss numerous days for doctor appointments, and days off to take care of her.
I had vacation scheduled for the week she was due. The Thursday before I was going to start my vacation, and she went into labor , and we had our second baby boy.
I get back from my week and one day vacation. Spend the time helping wife, getting him use to his brother , and went back to work to a verbal warning for attendance.
I asked the C.M if she was there for the birth of her kids.
As close as I every came to quitting

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Before cell phones, if management wanted to get ahold of a driver, they would call his/her pickups and leave a message to call the center. So they could get word to you if they wanted. A fellow driver (single dad) had a son about 14 years old who attempted suicide at home while the driver was at work. This happened about noon. The company made no attempt to get ahold of the driver on area. They waited till he got back to the building to inform him about his only son shooting himself in the head. He lived, btw. Example #2: Another time, about 5pm, there were several mechanics walking out towards the guard shack at end of day. 1 of them collapsed. A shifter was driving by and called up to dispatch on their motorola to send an ambulance asap (this was before cells as well) A feeder center manager told the people in dispatch not to call an ambulance till he could walk down there and verify it was an emergency. He had to walk the length of our hub. After he got there and recognized it was life or death, he told dispatch to call the ambulance. The mechanic died on the way to the hospital of a heart attack. I heard his family sued when they heard the details. I never heard the outcome. Nothing this company does suprises me.

Last edited:

wayfair

swollen member
I know a female driver that was OJS'd and she decided to stop and take lunch, in an neighborhood . On car told her to get out in 30+ weather and said he'd be back in an hour.....