worst info notice I have seen so far ! :(

menotyou

bella amicizia
Over, I could show him the passage in the contract and he would say I made it up. Smarter people put that clause in there for a reason.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always read everything before signing and there is nothing in this certification that we don't already do or shouldn't already be doing.

You guys do whatever you want.

over9five

Staff member
Why not sign it?

Are you saying that if you don't sign it and DR a Rolex in the hood and a claim is filed that you wouldn't be responsible for it?

I'm not talking about that at all. I am talking about making extra-contractual agreements with the employer. The employer has already agreed NOT to make extra-contractual agreements with you. Why would you encourage them to disregard the contract they signed onto by signing this?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not talking about that at all. I am talking about making extra-contractual agreements with the employer. The employer has already agreed NOT to make extra-contractual agreements with you. Why would you encourage them to disregard the contract they signed onto by signing this?

Can you show me in the NMA where it says we are not required to sign such documentation?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Can you show me in the NMA where it says we are not required to sign such documentation?

ARTICLE 6.
Section 1. Extra Contract Agreements
Except as may be otherwise provided in this Agreement, the
Employer agrees not to enter into, or attempt to enter into, any
agreement or contract with its employees, either individually or collectively,
or to require or attempt to require employees to sign any
document, either individually or collectively, which in any way conflicts
with the provisions of this Agreement. Any such Agreement or
document shall be null and void. Any such agreement or document
may not be placed in an employee’s file or used by the Employer as
a basis for discipline or used in connection with any disciplinary
proceeding, nor may any such agreement or document nor the contents
thereof be divulged to any person or entity.

trouble maker

Okay, whats going on with UPS here. lately ?

I missed my delivery on Friday, due to being out of town.

But, I don't know who they hire these days..... but it must have gotten worse ! (unless UPS themselves instructed drivers to do so) ????

First he/she mispelled my name (no big deal).....
Secondly, first thing I read is :" Contact UPS for pick-up" (written huge in the comment section) besides that the 1800 phone number circled - thinking to myself, what happened - it's no way the driver has been here 3 times already !

So, I look closer, and look at the little check-offs, and sure enough it was the drivers first attempt, and he'll be back Monday between 2 and 5pm.

Then I wonder why didn't the driver just leave in on my porch ? (I live in a very new and richy, safe neigborhood - nothing to worry about here).

Nothing was marked....... so had to go online and check out the reason it wasn't left behind (tracking # entered)..... There it says - signature required - NOT on my info notice though !!!!! - Just says " call for pick-up" !

Screw those "bastards" - they can drive here back on Monday !

UPS is getting worse by the day ! And, I might just complain to the shipper about that sort of nonsense service I'm getting !

Besides all that, damn info notice wasn't even stuck to my door, but laying on the porch (figuring, well maybe the other 2 got lost that way) ????
They really don't stick well to any door ! They need change there, too !
The problem is a lack of training by the on-cars and sheer laziness and FEAR by drivers. When this company trains drivers nowadays it's rarely about service. It's all about their #s and production. Those two things go hand in hand. Service isn't even in the back seat anymore, it's in the rumble seat! Everyone knows when the #s became more important then ever before. That's right, when the stock went public. Center managers and on-cars get their asses reamed out daily by district and division management about production. newer drivers are too worried about being threatened by on-cars so they take short cuts. Senior drivers ( 20 yrs ) or more rarely have complaints, accidents, dr claims etc... However, their #S aren't the best, But they do job the way it's supposed to be done, PERIOD. I understand that the company has to be profitable but whoever is steering this ship ( remember when we were the tightest ship in the shipping business ) don't seem to know where the channel it the waterway is so this ship don't run a ground. Let's face it, This company is never going to let their hands off the throats of the drivers as far as production goes, but Maybe, just maybe, if we all start to do the right things by the customers maybe we can teach UPS how it's done and also take some business away from Fed ( suck ass Smith ) Ex and gain more business. So when customers order something on-line they want UPS to deliver it. Jim Casey is clawing at his coffin right now knowing that it was the customers that made this company what it is today. This has been building up inside of me for a while now. Thanks for letting me vent. If you disagree me, your wrong, but if you do, I would love to read it.Fiction is always good. As far as the delivery notices, you just have to be a little creative about making them stick (22 yrs on pkg car ).

Packmule

Info notice problems again! Won't solve everything, but one wonders when UPS is going to provide customers with the ability to sign one form that creates a permanent "signature on file" status.

klein

Für Meno :)
Info notice problems again! Won't solve everything, but one wonders when UPS is going to provide customers with the ability to sign one form that creates a permanent "signature on file" status.

They sort of do, and it's called 1800-India ! But you need to call India with each delivery attempt, that's all ! LMAO :(

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because you can't STAND that you're wrong.

C'mon, admit it, man-up....You are WRONG.

I don't believe that I am wrong. The driver release certification is not an extra contract agreement. It is a summary of proper driver release methods that we are asked to read and sign every year.

If Hondo, who I respect when it comes to contractual matters, comes back and says that it is an extra contract agreement, I will then admit that I was wrong.

over9five

Staff member
I don't believe that I am wrong. The driver release certification is not an extra contract agreement. It is a summary of proper driver release methods that we are asked to read and sign every year.

If Hondo, who I respect when it comes to contractual matters, comes back and says that it is an extra contract agreement, I will then admit that I was wrong.

If they simply told you this, I would agree.
But as soon as they want your signature, it is an extra-contractual agreement.