Worst Package Car You've Driven?

JL 0513

Have to say the new 2015/16 Freightliner PC's are almost a joy to drive. Finally becoming somewhat respectable machines compared with the old. Makes the job twice as easy. The gas ones are really quick too. They can merge to 65 MPH with ease.

BrownArmy

My mother got on of the first Hyundai's on the market.

Worst car ever.

Two weeks after she bought it, she was visiting friends at the farm...my little brother thought it would be funny to shut the crazy dog inside the car...

He got bored, or interested in something else, and the crazy dog got left in the Hyundai for almost two hours.

He ate up all the seats and seat belts, pissed all over the entire car, good times.

So here's the worst car in the world, with no working seat belts, reeking of dog piss, seat cushion stuffing coming out everywhere.

Mom was actually glad when I totaled it a month later.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
What were the trucks that had the brake and clutch petals really far apart and the steering wheel was way off center? That was like driving a clown car.

We had one of those. If I remember correctly, it was a 42xxx.

You drove down the street with your head turned to see where you were going.

UPSjedi41

The worst? The no power steering, high step one I couldn't drive because the seat was welded in place and couldn't be adjusted. (It was in the closest position to the steering wheel). Brake and gas were so close together I couldn't press one without the other. I refused to drive it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm a young buck still so I don't know about all this stuff. My pet peeve lately are the trucks that don't turn right very well. The ones you have to make like 4 backs just to turn a 90° right turn
We call those "skinnies" because they are longer and about 12" narrower than a conventional P700. They have the turning radius of a freaking school bus. I refuse to drive one, if my car gets pulled and they load my route into one I unload it into a shop spare. They are the worst cars UPS has made in 20 years, dangerous on a rural route.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Worst PC I ever drove was a late 50's P-400. It didnt even have reverse lights. Wooden shelves, portholes in the roof instead of fiberglass, no light in back, and a bulkhead door 2" shorter than me so I would hit my head unless I ducked. They also had drum brakes that locked up on wet pavement. Horrid, dangerous, undersized and underpowered little pieces of feces.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The worst thing I ever drove was an early 70's Ford F600 cabover with a 24' box on the back. Air brakes that sometimes didn't stop and you could lift up the rubber mat and see the road through the rust holes in the floor. The wooden shelves and re-manufactured engines that would blow up all the time just made my days a little more interesting. The P-400 and P-600s were a treat to drive also.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a package car during peak two years ago that would backfire so loud that people would drop to the ground thinking it was gunfire or a bomb......seriously.

I used to do that on purpose by shutting the ignition off for a couple of seconds and letting it coast in gear. When you turn the key on again -----KABOOM!!! Once I let it build up a little too long andit blew the muffler apart at the seam. Our mechanic didn't think it was as funny as I did.