worst smell

oldngray

nowhere special
My center is within a mile or two of a rendering plant. More often than not on hot days the smell drifts over. A combination of barbecue and sewage smell. Thank goodness for the disposable earplugs.
I delivered to a rendering plant before. The stench could be smelled miles away. The people who worked there were mostly in an air conditioned control room but when trying to deliver it was mostly shallow breaths since you couldn't hold your breath long enough.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Ok, you know what I'm talking about. Make a buzzard gag. Makes me wish for the good old days when the pulp mill blotted that all out.

32F driver

My center's back yard adjoins a county recycling plant. How in the heck can recycle constantly smell like decaying, rotting vegetables, garbage, & with a touch of dead fish is beyond me. The seagulls sure do like it.

Z

ZQXC

I delivered to a rendering plant before. The stench could be smelled miles away. The people who worked there were mostly in an air conditioned control room but when trying to deliver it was mostly shallow breaths since you couldn't hold your breath long enough.

So you decide to breathe through your mouth but ultimately that is a really poor choice....

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
For a year I had a country route. It had two pig farms on it. But that must be the smell that is in Hell because nothing has ever come close to smelling that bad.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Growing up on a dairy farm, we had lots of lovely smells, didn't bother us, we were used to it. I didn't realize how bad it was until I came home from summer camp once after being gone for 2 weeks, I thought Dad had been spreading manure, nope just normal farmy smells.

I would bet that we smelled better in August than some old car with a dead fish in the trunk though. I can't compete with that!
Ever pull a dead calf I bet that comes close.

I'm talking dead to the point that you pull pieces of the calf out caused its decomposed some already.

Yep that's about the worst I have ever smelled.

oldngray

nowhere special
I knew a driver who couldn't have showered more often than once a week, even in the summer. It was impossible to stand closer than 10 or 15 feet away from him. There was also a female driver who had a serious hygiene problem - serious rotten crotch odor (that may have been her defense mechanism to keep men away from her in the hood - but I doubt it).

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I knew a driver who couldn't have showered more often than once a week, even in the summer. It was impossible to stand closer than 10 or 15 feet away from him. There was also a female driver who had a serious hygiene problem - serious rotten crotch odor (that may have been her defense mechanism to keep men away from her in the hood - but I doubt it).
Ewwwww....we have insurance...go to the gyno, woman.