Would you be willing to pay a fee to be a member of this forum?

Would you be willing to pay an annual membership fee to be a member of Brown Cafe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is talk in the "Why I give..." thread of whether it would be appropriate or not for the owner of this forum to charge an annual membership fee for the right to post here and whether or not the current members would support such a change.

Personally I would not be willing to pay even a nominal fee and predict that this place would quickly become a ghost town if this change were implemented. I further predict that the 10-12 more prominent members of Romper Room would be all that would remain after the dust from the stampede of exiting members settles.

What say you?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We would all donate so you would leave
I've been trying to PM some if the long time members, to see what we can do to fix it .
What's your solution (

Fix what? The forum as a whole?

25 post minimum before you can start a thread.

Delete all inactive threads of 6 months or more to avoid necroposting.

Stop bullying new members.

Less censorship---this is Brown Cafe, not Plain Vanilla Cafe.

I agree with some of that .
Don't forget to get rid of trolls who attack everyone else.

Do you disagree ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope.

Limit the mindless banter to Romper Room

"On topic" means just that.

I would be curious to see what Over has to say about this. He was gone for awhile and has only recently started posting again. Perhaps he could shed some light on why this site has gone downhill and other long term members no longer post here.

upsgrunt

The reason I don't enjoy it as much, is because there are too many :censored2:bags on here. The fun I have is not comparative to the grief of putting up with them; and if you have to ask yourself, "I wonder if he is talking about me", then you probably already know you are a :censored2:bag.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
image.jpeg
We would all donate so you would leave
I've been trying to PM some if the long time members, to see what we can do to fix it .
What's your solution (

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The reason I don't enjoy it as much, is because there are too many :censored2:bags on here. The fun I have is not comparative to the grief of putting up with them; and if you have to ask yourself, "I wonder if he is talking about me", then you probably already know you are a :censored2:bag.
this site can only be tolerable if you put the :censored2:s on ignore. i like some of the entertainment and i like helping the members , especially new members, with advice or answering their questions.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I know you are not talking about me!

Try taking your own advice. You are the number one offender and my girlfriend is the number two offender

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Let's don't forget the number 1 requested filter.
No posting if you have been moderated 10 times for attacking other members ... especially newbies.

Last edited: