Would you do it again?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
With the direction the company is heading and the morale at an all time low, if there was a rewind button, would you do this job again under the current situation? Why or why not? Also, would you still recommend this job to someone knowing what you know now?

retired2000

Retired in 2,000 and no I would not do it again. Way to much big brother watching over you. I would be fired 10 mins. After I left the building

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I started working here in 1976, it was like a whole different company. I used to be proud to tell acquaintances where I worked. When friends and family asked, I encouraged them to work here. Even tried to get my brother to come to work here. My son is a 10 year employee. Against my wishes. He applied here and didn't tell me. I would not wish this on anyone. The sad part is, this could be a great place to work. It's gone to hell in a handbasket. Sad.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yes, and maybe.

For all the bs we have to put up with, we're still payrd very well and get lots of vacation and sick time. Benefits aren't bad, either.

Did it used to be better? Yes

Could it be a whole hell of a lot worse? Yes.

I try to push people away from working here. But if they won't heed my warnings, then sucks for them

Overpaid Union Thug

As a driver I can definitely say yes and yes. Whether or not this job is one of the easiest, stress free, manual labor jobs in America with great pay and benefits or an overly physical, stressful job that's not worth the pay and benefits depends solely on one thing. Its having the cajones to do the job correctly per the methods and to stand up to management when they harass you for deviating from the very methods they claim to want us to follow.

Is UPS slowly declining? Yes, but there's still time to turn things back around. All of the issues that are a part of the decline are management's fault AND 100% their problem because I refuse to let them pass the frustrations of their failures to me. If more people would adopt that attitude we'd have more happier employees.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TUT

When I started working here in 1976, it was like a whole different company. I used to be proud to tell acquaintances where I worked. When friends and family asked, I encouraged them to work here. Even tried to get my brother to come to work here. My son is a 10 year employee. Against my wishes. He applied here and didn't tell me. I would not wish this on anyone. The sad part is, this could be a great place to work. It's gone to hell in a handbasket. Sad.

And just think Amazon doesn't feel you do a good enough job. It's all WS, everything now is penny pinching to the point of torture to get the index higher.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
When I was working p/t , I was offered a job working for the local Public Works . More hours for about the same $$ . Foolishly I said no .
I could have retired a decade ago with a full pension with healthcare .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would likely still do it. Although every year those percentages go down.

I would not recommend this job to anyone and on top of that I onlu know 1 person I would recommend for the job. This is why ups can't find anyone to be a driver. Very very few are willing to do it.