Would you do it again?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
No I wouldn't be that gung hoe. I would get a job like a friend of mine has. He works for the city parks department. He makes 32 bucks an hour with ALL holidays paid off plus enough paid vacation and sick days to only have to work about 4 days a week. He is always off for something. He also has excellent medical/dental/eye coverage. When he does work its spent driving around to our cities 6 parks and emptying a few trash cans. For many years all he did was drive the truck and the city had the sentenced to serve crew do the actual work.
Im not qualified for the job. I dont even own a tie.
If you noticed stupidvisors stopped wearing ties as much cause of circulation to their brains.

upsbeernut

147,000 in pay and benefits last year. I am high up enough to know how much everything costs. That's a lot of cheese son. Don't ever lose sit of this.
You meant sit I type fast to . Thats a lot a of cheese and you must be working your a off.

Rainman

Its all good.
I would think twice before taking the job. Not to say I wouldn't take it, because there are a lot of other jobs that are worse. Too many companies in my area that were once big have gone under or sold out, so I'm grateful for the fact that I work for a company that is still in business. And doing well. I know it's not all unicorns and butterflies here at Brown, but we could be far worse off. Back during the strike, I remember seeing a lot of jobs advertised for $6/hour, and that made me appreciate what I had more. I would recommend the job to someone, because as bad as it can get, it still is a better opportunity than is available to a lot of people. I think that after we have been here for a while we tend to get spoiled in our thoughts and behavior. If I recommended someone I would certainly let them know ALL of the positives and negatives so that they could make a good decision. It has worked for me, but I've seen a lot of people over the years who never should have come to work here. This place is definitely not for everyone.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

upsbeernut

I would think twice before taking the job. Not to say I wouldn't take it, because there are a lot of other jobs that are worse. Too many companies in my area that were once big have gone under or sold out, so I'm grateful for the fact that I work for a company that is still in business. And doing well. I know it's not all unicorns and butterflies here at Brown, but we could be far worse off. Back during the strike, I remember seeing a lot of jobs advertised for $6/hour, and that made me appreciate what I had more. I would recommend the job to someone, because as bad as it can get, it still is a better opportunity than is available to a lot of people. I think that after we have been here for a while we tend to get spoiled in our thoughts and behavior. If I recommended someone I would certainly let them know ALL of the positives and negatives so that they could make a good decision. It has worked for me, but I've seen a lot of people over the years who never should have come to work here. This place is definitely not for everyone.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
Ive seen a lot of people we don't need and continue to hang on to. That's what I wonder about.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
This must have been your only job. I can yell you from experience that as bad as it can get here there are lots of jobs that are worse. I would definitely do it again and recommend this job to friends and family
I did actually start working here at an early age (21). I worked at a furniture store the last 2 years of high school and 1 year afterward. That's where I met Mike, the UPS guy who delivered to the store. He actually encouraged me to apply to UPS. They had only been in Texas for about 2 years at that time. I left there and worked as an iron worker building a chemical plant for a year, then went to work at UPS. So, this wasn't my first job but close to it.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
My center manager was on car for an S&V ride last week and he brought up the ERI question "Would you recommend this job....?". We both agreed that the company has changed (on both sides and not for the better) and we both agreed that we would answer that question "no".

It's funny that you used that example because that's what happened to me and it really got me thinking after he also said no.

sigreq

Yes. I've been driving for almost 10 years. This job is what you make of it. Do the job right, keep your nose down and you'll be fine. A lot of what I hear on here sounds like a lot of the ppl I work with, the ones management always has problems with because they can't do what they're supposed to. The Constant whining and complaining over every little thing is pointless. In case you didn't notice it's a damn good paying job, and I mean really we drive a truck and hump boxes. If you have any inclination of athleticism and a high school degree the jobs cake.

Sent using BrownCafe App

That's how I feel about my Scooby...dog of a lifetime! Sorry to hear about your friend.
0001600014571_300X300.jpeg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Let me tell ya how crazy and erratic these fools are. For like at least the last 10 years probably, we have been getting whooped like dogs and then all of a sudden their cutting the ot and excessive work with the 8pm curfew thing( where im at) and I cant believe im even saying this, buts its actually been enjoyable. No im not drunk n hazed, well lil hazed but anyway lol, its been really easy. Just something eerily wrong with this situation of butter everyday here. Almost like how it used to be like 12 to 15 years ago. I like the job and think its cool but not cool with the bs and :censored2: whoopins, definitely its not cool. Its like how it is here right now, is actually how the job should be. I know lots of you guys still getting beat down like a dog but right now its been sweet and a sigh of relief here.

watdaflock?

I'd not recommend being a driver but getting full benefits for preload (pt hours) is pretty awesome.

Plus can pick up extra easy $$ as a jumper a few months out of the year if interested.