O

OLDMAN3

Jump...
Fastest 40 Miles Austin ever ran was 4.47
Slow down and articulate...
JK

ups1990

Yes!
I wrote very early in my BC career that I came from humble beginnings and working for UPS has afforded me the opportunity to live with my family in a middle class neighborhood in a modest home, have reasonably new cars and so on. This inner city kid made the correct choice.
Over the years I've met people who came from similar backgrounds that didn't last a month at UPS and also those who came from money that became and are very good full time drivers.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Yes!
I wrote very early in my BC career that I came from humble beginnings and working for UPS has afforded me the opportunity to live with my family in a middle class neighborhood in a modest home, have reasonably new cars and so on. This inner city kid made the correct choice.

Are you saying you can't be middle class in the inner city?

mrbrownstone

I probably don't qualify to reply because I have only been with UPS since September 2013 but here is my answer. I was hired for unload and had the goal of becoming a driver.

By October of 2013 I was driving for peak then went back to unload after peak. In May of 2014 I was switched back over to driving and have been doing so since then.

I don't have driver seniority yet only hub seniority so I still have a long way to go. I can tell you though that my only regret is not working for Ups 10 plus years ago. I'm 33 now and after having spent most of my life in retail this is much better than other jobs out there.

While there is a whole lot of b.s. here, what I enjoy the most is knowing that at the end of each work day my work is done and I don't take it home with me. There are plenty of various jobs including ones I have worked at where your day isn't always done when you leave your area of work and you could get phone calls from work while you're at home.

The funny thing is since I have a Bachelor's Degree people always act like I should be doing something other than driving for UPS. Well as others have me mentioned the benefits are excellent as well as paid off time and there is a sense of accomplishment when the day is done.

Many companies have become harder to work for over the years not just UPS. I was with a company for 11 years and I watched it change from what it was was and people who were there for 20+ years watched it change even more. That's the nature of the beast. But, yes I would do it over again only at a younger age.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
The funny thing is since I have a Bachelor's Degree people always act like I should be doing something other than driving for UPS. Well as others have me mentioned the benefits are excellent as well as paid off time and there is a sense of accomplishment when the day is done.

Surprisingly enough, there are quite of few of us in the driving and loading ranks who have a bachelor's or higher degree. You sound pretty level-headed and have a good attitude, I think you'll do well here.

clean hairy

Long ago, when a person would ask who i work for, and i told them UPS, they were asking "who do you know? it is impossible to get on there!" I would detect a little respect after that.
Fast forward to now. When asked who i work for, and I say UPS, the response usually is "You work for THEM? Sure hope you get my packages to everyone on time, as you messed up Christmas last year!"

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
i would say yes but i dont see how the rookies are gonna make it to retirement..stop per hour, harassment and constant scrutiny are gonna drive alot of good people out.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm actually surprised at all "NOs", figured the numbers would be equal for yes and no. I expected alot of yes's simply for the money.

ManInBrown

Of course. Name another job that pays 90k a year for slinging cardboard. Absolute no brainer. This isn't rocket science. Too many drivers make this job out to be more than it is. You see them in the morning before PCM, standing around. Perspiring, biting fingernails. LOL. I just laugh. We're delivering packages. Who cares what time you get done. It's a pay by the hour job. LOL. SMH.