Would You Forego Raise In Exchange With Being Treated Better?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by olroadbeech, Nov 14, 2014.

1. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

In Study after study the majority of people would say yes. the only people who disagree work for companies that treat their people well to begin with.

this may be a loaded question but I would be interested in hearing from the herd.

would you forego your next raise in exchange with being treated with courtesy and respect from your immediate supervisors?

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Nope...If I had to pick one or the other.....I'll check my feelings at the door and get my love at home.

• Agree x 8
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  3. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

No, I get paid well to be treated how I'm treated, which is, actually, pretty good.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. bleedinbrown58

I agree....all things considered, I get treated much better than I did my first year or 2. For the most part...I'm left alone.... which is exactly how I like it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. Nope. I like to play games. If you want to screw with me I'll drop dimes grievances and a whole host of other things to get them back. They only pick on the mentally weak.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. upschuck

Sometimes, I think they forget I work here, which is best possible scenario.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  7. upschuck

Can't remember when the last time they screwed with me, over 5 years ago, probably.

8. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

I think it would end up being a false choice. They keep the money, act nice for a short period of time and then crap all over you again.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It's a pointless question. They would
    Never treat us any better. Keep my raises coming baby. I'm not a 35 year employee who has everything paid for.

10. bleedinbrown58

No...I'm the one on my line who gets it done. They dump everyone else's heavy routes that they can't handle on me. I have 2 trucks I load everyday....the other 2 (it was 3) change every week or two.

11. Brownslave688

If so I wouldn't need to pay my union dues. I have a union to protect me from harassment and hopefully
    Better my well being as long as the company is profitable.

12. upschuck

Most days, I don't see my immediate sups, and some days don't see my manager. That is fine with me, I do my job properly. Come in, do my job, leave, repeat 5 times(occasionally 6 times) per week.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I am treated the way that I treat others----with respect.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. bleedinbrown58

:rofl: Did you actually type that with a straight face?? I almost choked on my beer reading it....Rowdy is probably still giggling.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  15. VonDutch

VonDutch Bite your tongue, Missy

He must have autocorrect. I don't think he can even spell respect without it.

16. bleedinbrown58

Aretha Franklin taught him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Treat the Employees better, get better production, AND a better work environment as well.
    The raise stays, of course!

18. VonDutch

VonDutch Bite your tongue, Missy

I'll worry about respect from those I care about receiving it from on my own. Show me the money.

19. Whargoul

Whargoul Active Member

My current management team treats me very well. However, I work in a small hub and I previously worked with all them before I became a driver and before they became driver sups. I'm also educated in basic psychology, business human relations and communication which really helps.

20. Brownslave688

Answers not what you expected?