Would You Forego Raise In Exchange With Being Treated Better?

J

jibbs

To you or to somebody else?

I'd imagine to you they'd feel natural. Might have to pay top dollar for ones that other guys'd think real, though.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I'm not paid to be happy but to do a job. Would it be nice to get an "atta boy" once in a while? Of course but I would rather be left alone to do my job.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Nope. I like to play games. If you want to screw with me I'll drop dimes grievances and a whole host of other things to get them back. They only pick on the mentally weak.
I like to drop a "Gin Rummy" of 8hours & PH slips on my supe's desk after he tells me to help other drivers with stops/pickups for a week straight...

Last edited:

Ashell

Its UPS, they will promise you the moon to get you to do what they want. Rarely are there consequences for them not doing what they agreed to do. Them saying they would treat you better for less money is a friend'ing joke, and they would be laughing all the way to the bank if you believed it.

Driver7906

I can honestly say that I'd forgo a raise for two years for Riverside uniforms. I personally feel like the company treats me ok as I've been treated much worse for a lot less money. I would live just fine off the current pay rate for a few years or more.

I know it's a totally unrealistic scenario but I miss wearing uniforms that were not only comfortable but also lasted a few years. I was more proud to wear the Brown back then.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In Study after study the majority of people would say yes. the only people who disagree work for companies that treat their people well to begin with.

this may be a loaded question but I would be interested in hearing from the herd.

would you forego your next raise in exchange with being treated with courtesy and respect from your immediate supervisors?

Hell no. After years of being treated like dog poo by some management, I'm immunized to it all.

Some managers always treated me with class as well. Hats off to them.