Would YOU grieve?

UPSGUY72

I did grie and been told I have a good case also are the teamsters and they have a good case as well.....I'll deal with the aftermath later....

The aftermath could mean that you don't make your 30 days. The problem is that there isn't any set standard for making your 30 days the union would never agree to to it as it would become a nightmare. With that being said they could come up with anything that would prevent you from making your 30 days and there is nothing you can do about.

packagemandan

I tend to agree with UPSGUY72, not much to grieve if ups isn't going to charge the guy with accident. Its their call and he has more seniority I assume. He has every right to the position. How the other person fail a road test? Kinda hard to do. However you have the right to file, chances are it's a loose, loose. Good luck sounds like you are close to full time.

there were two people above me one failed road test and the other was disqualified because of an accident on property. I was next in line for a full time spot...They brought me in Monday to get my DOT slip and sent me on my way so that I could take my road test.Directly after I obtained DOT card I was told that someone"upstairs" decided to let the accident not count....for more than one person. They told me yesterday that I was getting a shot ......Now I'm a peg under this kid and he wants it...Can or would you grieve this.
What's the point they(the company) are going to do what they want to do anyway. Bide your time you will make it.

JonFrum

inthe game....sorry about the sour taste in your mouth but I need this job and I am accidet free it only seems fair to follow the guidelines they gave us in the first place. It was an unfortuanate accident for this person and I sympathize but rules are there for a reason are they not?.
Let's say Browncafe has a vague rule against spamming. And someone feels you have started two threads on the same topic, and they complain, saying (in their opinion) you are technically guilty of spamming. Would you be OK with being disqualified from posting for a year?