Would you rather?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BUCN85, Feb 21, 2016.

1. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

If you were given the opportunity to become a FT on car sup would you ? Why or why not? Also if you are already an on car sup if given the opportunity to would you become a reg ft driver?
    I don't think I would want to be an on car. It seems as if at least at our center they become more stressed out than us..also no union protection is a big downside.

2. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

If on cars worked fewer hours, maybe. In my center, they work about 10 hours a week more than me. I'll pass. I want more time off the job, not less.

3. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Listen. If you are pt now and offered any ft spot take it. Yes if you ever are in management ft or pt , and offered a ft driver job jump at it.

4. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

No. I'm a ft driver. Just a hypothetical question. I'm not even in a position for on car sup

5. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

I have yet to have a honest discussion with an on-car sup that was happy with their decision.

6. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Lol. You know the answer then....

7. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

Too much stress in that management position. Imagine trying to motivate 50 guys like you see posting on here everyday, meet imaginary numbers, and work 3 more hours than you already are for no pension, less benefits, and getting moved around all the time. No thanks. Pretty simple really.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I would never go into any full-time management position at UPS because to do so and keep my job, and excel, would require that I frequently have to put morals and integrity aside. And that I will routinely be required to be verbally accosted by an evil snake in a suit through emails, conference calls, telephone calls, and (if they think they are brave) through face to face interaction.

For those reasons I would think that any current OCS (or part-time sup for that matter) would jump at the chance to get the hell out of that nonsense and become a full-time driver.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Future

Future Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I'm trying to think of a reason why I would want to (a) take a pay cut (b) lose my pension (c) lose vacation weeks (d) lose job security and (e) work even more hours than I already do now.
    If I can think of something I will let you know.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

The last few years I have seen a lot more PT sups go into FT management then ever get a chance at FT driving. Could be their only chance to move up the corporate ladder. Or any ladder unless they go FT roofing.

13. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

I'm considering the big jump

14. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Those are very good reasons but I can't even consider them. My reasons won't let me even get that far.

15. Too much stress and listening to bitching everyday for me. I would knock out 60% of the drivers I think.

16. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

I drive. It's a job. Nothing more to me. I wouldn't want a job that requires more personal involvement from me than necessary.

sunny_responsibility.jpeg

17. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

I didn't realize the less money less vacations and most important no pension. I had no idea on cars don't get that. What's the incentive in becoming one then?

18. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

More money then a PT sup and opportunity to be CEO someday.

19. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

I have heard a couple of my sups over the years say they wish they could go back to being a driver. Current sup was a driver at our center and has bad knees. Took the sup job to relieve some stress off his body. Have heard him say more than once he would go back in a heartbeat.

20. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

More hours and less money.........NO!!!!!