Would you rather?

BUCN85

If you were given the opportunity to become a FT on car sup would you ? Why or why not? Also if you are already an on car sup if given the opportunity to would you become a reg ft driver?
I don't think I would want to be an on car. It seems as if at least at our center they become more stressed out than us..also no union protection is a big downside.

barnyard

KTM rider
If on cars worked fewer hours, maybe. In my center, they work about 10 hours a week more than me. I'll pass. I want more time off the job, not less.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If you were given the opportunity to become a FT on car sup would you ? Why or why not? Also if you are already an on car sup if given the opportunity to would you become a reg ft driver?
I don't think I would want to be an on car. It seems as if at least at our center they become more stressed out than us..also no union protection is a big downside.
Listen. If you are pt now and offered any ft spot take it. Yes if you ever are in management ft or pt , and offered a ft driver job jump at it.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Too much stress in that management position. Imagine trying to motivate 50 guys like you see posting on here everyday, meet imaginary numbers, and work 3 more hours than you already are for no pension, less benefits, and getting moved around all the time. No thanks. Pretty simple really.

Overpaid Union Thug

I would never go into any full-time management position at UPS because to do so and keep my job, and excel, would require that I frequently have to put morals and integrity aside. And that I will routinely be required to be verbally accosted by an evil snake in a suit through emails, conference calls, telephone calls, and (if they think they are brave) through face to face interaction.

For those reasons I would think that any current OCS (or part-time sup for that matter) would jump at the chance to get the hell out of that nonsense and become a full-time driver.

Future

Victory Ride
image.jpeg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm trying to think of a reason why I would want to (a) take a pay cut (b) lose my pension (c) lose vacation weeks (d) lose job security and (e) work even more hours than I already do now.
If I can think of something I will let you know.

PT Car Washer

The last few years I have seen a lot more PT sups go into FT management then ever get a chance at FT driving. Could be their only chance to move up the corporate ladder. Or any ladder unless they go FT roofing.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm trying to think of a reason why I would want to (a) take a pay cut (b) lose my pension (c) lose vacation weeks (d) lose job security and (e) work even more hours than I already do now.
If I can think of something I will let you know.

Those are very good reasons but I can't even consider them. My reasons won't let me even get that far.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I drive. It's a job. Nothing more to me. I wouldn't want a job that requires more personal involvement from me than necessary.

sunny_responsibility.jpeg

BUCN85

I didn't realize the less money less vacations and most important no pension. I had no idea on cars don't get that. What's the incentive in becoming one then?

9.5er

I have heard a couple of my sups over the years say they wish they could go back to being a driver. Current sup was a driver at our center and has bad knees. Took the sup job to relieve some stress off his body. Have heard him say more than once he would go back in a heartbeat.