Would you rather?

DoMorePayLessUPS

If you were given the opportunity to become a FT on car sup would you ? Why or why not? Also if you are already an on car sup if given the opportunity to would you become a reg ft driver?
I don't think I would want to be an on car. It seems as if at least at our center they become more stressed out than us..also no union protection is a big downside.

Of course if you have an opportunity to go into management you take it.. They are the motivation behind my username as they get paid more to do less vs. non-management employees who do more and get paid less

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I didn't realize the less money less vacations and most important no pension.
Less money the first few years, vacations are the same, and no pension, well I'm 24. The chances of seeing a pension by the time I retired would be slim to none anyways. More than happy with my 401K match.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I went into PT Management after being an hourly local sorter. Went FT Management at the end of last year and have no regrets. The days are long, not going to lie. But I like the position I'm in. Plus, it's a lot easier being in an extended center.

govols019

You smell that?
Both of our on car supervisors went to management because of health issues that forced them. They both would have stayed a driver if their bodies would have allowed.

PT Car Washer

I went into PT Management after being an hourly local sorter. Went FT Management at the end of last year and have no regrets. The days are long, not going to lie. But I like the position I'm in. Plus, it's a lot easier being in an extended center.
The best PT sup then FT sup then Center manager I ever worked under saw him self more as a coach then a boss.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
An awarded and motivated employee is always going to give you more then a beat down worker.
That was my experience as a PT Sup. It's a little different with drivers though. Building relationships as a PT Sup helped, but some guys have been burned in the past, there is some hesitation. Which I can understand.

PT Car Washer

That was my experience as a PT Sup. It's a little different with drivers though. Building relationships as a PT Sup helped, but some guys have been burned in the past, there is some hesitation. Which I can understand.
One bad PT or FT sup or manager can ruin years of built up trust in management. Send a person right over to "it's us against them" thinking.

BrownTexas

This might give me away but... my entire center is ran by people who couldn't hack it as a driver. Just like sports. Those that can't do, coach.