Would you take a cut in pay if it meant keeping your job?

Would you take a paycut to keep your job?

• Yes

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
With the recent news about The Big 3 and the UAW........Was just wondering how many of you would take a paycut if it meant keeping your job.

New Englander

Nope....I would have most if not all of the 22.3 jobs eliminated first. Most of them are pure criminal in what they pay vs the work they get from them.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't think it would be right to ask someone making $8.50 an hour to take a cut but for the most part I would vote for a pay cut if it meant having a job or not having one. That is if EVERYONE making over a certain amount would also give the same percentage up. Determining where the cut off would be would be the hard part. As long as the company is making a good profit paycuts shouldn't even be brought up.:peaceful:

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
I don't think it would be right to ask someone making $8.50 an hour to take a cut but for the most part I would vote for a pay cut if it meant having a job or not having one. That is if EVERYONE making over a certain amount would also give the same percentage up. Determining where the cut off would be would be the hard part. As long as the company is making a good profit paycuts shouldn't even be brought up.:peaceful:

Agreed with all of that

outamyway

Management would have to be included. They also could not get end of the year bonuses either(I actually find it sickening that we have laid off drivers and they still get a bonus). If that was the case then yes I would.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Management would have to be included. They also could not get end of the year bonuses either(I actually find it sickening that we have laid off drivers and they still get a bonus). If that was the case then yes I would.
Paycut would be for everyone....Except the new hires..who only make $8.50 anyways

New Englander

Dude we have laid off drivers EVERY year at some point.

705red

Browncafe Steward
If ups was hurting yes i would take a pay cut/freeze. But at the same time being a steward i see ups wasting a lot of money on grievances for sups working at double time, violating 9.5s at triple time, pay shortages at 4 hours per week penalty. This is a lot of money that could go towards the companies profit.

Ups could save a ton of money by adhering to the contract first before i would take this pay cut/freeze so i voted no, not at this time.

leastbest

LeastBest
No, bad enough I had to put up with production harassment and no power steering for years. If it paid less I wouldn't have put up with the job.

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
seeing as my job, my department was outsourced, i would say yes, totally. i spent 18 years with ups. i loved my job, my coworkers and my customers. i would love to have my job back.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If mgt was included (all the way up the ladder) and the pt's were excluded and it was necessary to save the company then I'd have to say yes. But, knowing UPS, the above criteria would never be met.

I agree with Red, UPS wastes so much money it's insane.