wow.. :censored::censored::censored: .. possible suspension

705red

Browncafe Steward
..im usually either helping out with whatever the sup tells me or helping our other loaders because their quality and mislaods are pretty high .

How can they prove that a ceratin preloader misloaded a package? By your own statement its common to move around and assist in other pulls.

Do you have drivers on the dock loading also before start time?

Who finishes loading the pull if the preloader goes home before its wrapped?

Any chance a supervisor is working by helping heavy pulls?

Theres not enough evidence or guaranteed proof that loader "a" put this missort into the package car. Until they give scanners to the preloaders to scan every package into every car its almost impossible to hold them accountable.

What did the union steward say about the suspension of your two co-workers for misloads? I cant see the union allowing this to happen, human error is part of everyday life and is impossible to eliminate 100%.

Mike Hawk

At my center you need like 20+ a week for a write up, never seen someone suspended. Most loaders have 4+ a week and few do more than 1k pieces.

pkg handler

Are they talking to everyone that had misloads?

Did you bring up your previous results? what did they say?

They may be trying to talk to everyone that has misloads just to send a wake up call.

If their considering you for promotion then the misload may have been an excuse to see how you handle negative feedback.

maybe ... our boxline had the most misloads because we have two new hires and two other who can't load for anything ..so i guess they were addressing the whole line
maybe if they would bring us in earlier and give us more time to load the packages correctly (instead of shoving 1200-1500 packages down our throats in 4.5 hours), then their preloaders might do a little better job.
they train us to check the PAL label with the tracking number and then write on the side of the packages so we can put them in the correct car and in sequential order to make it easier for us and the driver. frankly i don't have that kind of time when they are shoving that much volume down my belt. something has to give. you sacrafice your payroll and have less misloads- or you sacrafice preload hours and have less accuracy. UPS chooses to give us less hours- so they should be held responsible for the consequences.

yes .. i agree 100%

Tell them to suck an egg and just keep doing what your doing.

lol ok
..im usually either helping out with whatever the sup tells me or helping our other loaders because their quality and mislaods are pretty high .

How can they prove that a ceratin preloader misloaded a package? By your own statement its common to move around and assist in other pulls.

Do you have drivers on the dock loading also before start time?

Who finishes loading the pull if the preloader goes home before its wrapped?

Any chance a supervisor is working by helping heavy pulls?

Theres not enough evidence or guaranteed proof that loader "a" put this missort into the package car. Until they give scanners to the preloaders to scan every package into every car its almost impossible to hold them accountable.

What did the union steward say about the suspension of your two co-workers for misloads? I cant see the union allowing this to happen, human error is part of everyday life and is impossible to eliminate 100%.

well i wrap without help everyday by 730- 8 latest ... i have never had help by any of my other loaders or a sup .. and they count mislaods by what cars you do .. regardless if someone places a wrong package into my car .. it goes on me .. the union steward was surprised he said to the supe " you told me yourself this guy is one or not your best loader " i said i do about 1600 a day and havent had any for tuesday ..so im sure the 3 on friday was just a simple mishap

W

westsideworma

maybe if they would bring us in earlier and give us more time to load the packages correctly (instead of shoving 1200-1500 packages down our throats in 4.5 hours), then their preloaders might do a little better job.
they train us to check the PAL label with the tracking number and then write on the side of the packages so we can put them in the correct car and in sequential order to make it easier for us and the driver. frankly i don't have that kind of time when they are shoving that much volume down my belt. something has to give. you sacrafice your payroll and have less misloads- or you sacrafice preload hours and have less accuracy. UPS chooses to give us less hours- so they should be held responsible for the consequences.

There you have it. When I was loading 1100-1300+ pieces, I was brought in at 330 everyday, end of discussion, there was no debate. It wasn't just me it was anyone with a 4 car pull. Now they're all shocked when loaders with heavy pulls have misloads or poor load quality. Theres a big push for no OT for preloaders and I understand times are tough and agree with cutting costs. However, if a preloader has 5.5 hrs worth of work (according to our own planned numbers) and we're pushing them to be done in 4....how can we expect it to work? Some pulls have plans of 6hrs or more...and they wonder why people are calling in. The literally have to do the impossible everyday. I was a pretty good loader and generally I wrapped well before driver start time and the only reason I went over 5 hrs was to help others normally. I would have willingly gone home if they needed to cut people, but never in my short 4 years here have I ever been sent home early...even when I was a new hire. Then again when I felt they had started piling on more work I stepped it down a bit, come to find out at that point I had a nearly 6 hour plan (found the OR for our line in someones package car) and was doing it in approx 5. I also had started getting misloads at that point too, so I backed it down a bit and focused more, wasn't done as fast (and boy did I hear about it) but I was still done on time and I didn't misload either.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
The sole exception is PEAK (one week I worked nearly 47 hrs...preload stuff only...no extending), and if certain supes who treat me well need favors.

Agreed. When I was working for UPS the first time, there were several full-time supes I'd crash walls for....repeatedly in one night. And then there were supes where I'd be walking out after having been beaten up for over 5 hours that would ask for help. I'd just give a weary smile and say, "I've been released. G'night." Most supes treated me very well and had my help as long as they needed it. The few that treated me badly, lied to me and were all around a*&holes never saw me again. Took a little time but my supe agreed with me on treatment standards and didn't ask me to help people that didn't treat me right. -Rocky

LKLND3380

well 2 ppl from my boxline have already been suspended due to misloads they had 4 and 6 respectively lol ..I on the other hand had 1 .. and i load about 1600 pieces a day on avg ... and my frequency is around 1 every 5k ..its posted outside the fulltime sups office weekly .. so i get called in and was told this would be the final talk with me about it ...? like i there are way worse loaders in the building and I'm regarded as one of the best in our area of the building ..? there are ppl who avg 1 every 500 ...!!!

Yeah... It's that time of year, spring ALWAYS brings the round of warnings and suspension... Make sure you have a Union Steward with you at all meetings and just grieve it within ten days.

1. did anyone help you load your trucks?
2. were you sent home before the end of sort and the driver wrapped up?
3. Were you properly trained? You may ask for additional training and have a supe work with you for three hours.
4. Were you given add/cuts/splits? If you didn't remove them all OR the wrong packages were sent to you
5. Were they a bad slap

If they suspend you, if you grieve it and win - collect your back pay...:wink2:

LKLND3380

yea im my latter stages of transitioning to a p/t sup to .. so i hope if for whatever reason a suspension comes along it aint going to look good ... but every our union shop steward and my full time sup have regarded me as their best loader ..? i just dont get it .. me and the sup are good friends too as i am with the other p/t supes ..i guess its just business

Ok so lets look at this... You are one of the best and about to be suspended. Of course you have the union to protect you and help keep your job...

Now you say you want to transition to a p/t supe... Maybe they don't want you to be a supe because they need you loading. Once you are a Supe you have no union protection and can be fired for ANYTHING.:knockedout:

pkg handler

Ok so lets look at this... You are one of the best and about to be suspended. Of course you have the union to protect you and help keep your job...

Now you say you want to transition to a p/t supe... Maybe they don't want you to be a supe because they need you loading. Once you are a Supe you have no union protection and can be fired for ANYTHING.:knockedout:

truthfully ..my supe wants me to become a p/t supe asap as i took the test today but wont know the results til monday but the preliminary results looked like i passed .. true they would be losing a loader but id be a supe under him as well

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
true they would be losing a loader but id be a supe under him as well

Careful. You might not work for this supe, no matter what they tell you. I said good night to a great p/t supe, came in the next day and he was GONE, moved to a different area. I p*ssed and asked him what had happened. He was as p*ssed and said, "I came in and was handed the roster for that work area and told 'you've been moved.'" He had no warning. If I'm not mistaken, they also have you sign something agreeing to accept any move without protest. Something to consider if you like working for this supe....-Rocky

pkg handler

Careful. You might not work for this supe, no matter what they tell you. I said good night to a great p/t supe, came in the next day and he was GONE, moved to a different area. I p*ssed and asked him what had happened. He was as p*ssed and said, "I came in and was handed the roster for that work area and told 'you've been moved.'" He had no warning. If I'm not mistaken, they also have you sign something agreeing to accept any move without protest. Something to consider if you like working for this supe....-Rocky
i know i hear alot about mangagement here and how its so bad ...but my center must be different the management is actually really good ... i mean we talk .. go out to eat with the other supes ... its not that bad here at all

thebrownbox

thats garbage, they can't touch you. See your steward if they keep it up. If he's no help see your business agent. 1 for 5000 is amazing, they're just being the stereotypical management people we read about on here. I am in management, I have a guy on my line who has that frequency (or similar), however we are not gunning for his job when he happens to have one.

Theres good ways to manage people and bad, harassing the hell out of someone who rarely has an off day isn't one of the good ones.

I got 1 / 8888 during peak and all I got was a typed letter of how amazing that was. :biting:

W

westsideworma

I got 1 / 8888 during peak and all I got was a typed letter of how amazing that was. :biting:

when I was a loader there was a 2 month span where I didn't have a single misload, but I didn't hear anything until I actually had one....pissed hardly described my reaction. They talked to me like I'd murdered a child. Thats disrespectful and ungrateful. I was like where were you guys the 40 or so days I didn't have a single one? Not to mention it was an out of sync package so I really didn't care...I was pissed they only talked to me about the negative, but I didn't lose any sleep over it, its only a job and one package out of the last 35 thousand or so I'd loaded so as far as I was concerned I was doing my job. They bumped me up to a heavier pull soon after that though and I had a misload like every week (about 1/5 or 6000 depending on volume).