WOW !! I HATE UPS !!!!!! Bank Robbery !!

UPSGUY72

A few years ago, LP and the local police interviewed (and interrogated) several employees about drug dealings occurring within our center. Although none of us physically punched out, the time spent being interviewed was pulled from our time card.

Most UPS managers are completely unaware of employment law.

That time got coded out so some other department got charged with the time. IF they didn't get paid for that time then they should have filed a grievance as it was job related.

If more union employees new and followed the contract and made there management team do the same they wouldn't be getting screw out of time / money.

satellitedriver

Well , do you want me to PM his number to you and the police report ? Maybe they meant " punch out " as show as lunch time , or break time . Wow , UPS just makes some people RUDE !!! Why would we be lying ? I just meant , break time , or lunch time , very rude . Sorry I am not perfect like you . I made a mistake and said punch out , should have been " show break "
I call bull, also.

The time would be paid under "Other Work".
-(the list available is very long)-
This takes the time spent off the "on road" hours.
Contractually, UPS has to pay an employee for the time spent giving a deposition, or testimony in a court of law, if it pertains to an occurrence that happened while the employee was "on the clock".
I know this from personal experience.

Southwestern

That time got coded out so some other department got charged with the time. IF they didn't get paid for that time then they should have filed a grievance as it was job related.

If more union employees new and followed the contract and made there management team do the same they wouldn't be getting screw out of time / money.

I'm not certain how it was coded, but we did not get paid. I did file a grievance and the manager ultimately settled before hearing, but I don't believe anyone else pursued it. Bottom line is that there are plenty of managers who don't follow employment law, let alone the contract. They're in the minority but they do exist.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm not certain how it was coded, but we did not get paid. I did file a grievance and the manager ultimately settled before hearing, but I don't believe anyone else pursued it. Bottom line is that there are plenty of managers who don't follow employment law, let alone the contract. They're in the minority but they do exist.
I don't believe they are 'unaware'. I believe they intentionally violate it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't believe they are 'unaware'. I believe they intentionally violate it.

I guess in your world UPS intentionally does a lot of things.

To the OP--SD was the only one with the right answer. The time would be coded as Other Work and your friend would be paid for it. It wasn't his fault he was at the scene of the crime and was subsequently held for questioning. I am glad he is OK.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I guess in your world UPS intentionally does a lot of things.

To the OP--SD was the only one with the right answer. The time would be coded as Other Work and your friend would be paid for it. It wasn't his fault he was at the scene of the crime and was subsequently held for questioning. I am glad he is OK.
When my center manager was warned they were watching him and he was still caught red-handed deleting a time card of an employee and attempting to pay him out of pocket, what oh what would our know it all Nancy call it? The center manager was fired. He won his job back through panel, and is now back as my on-car. The employee who's time card he deleted is a FT driver. Would you like it if your time card was deleted and the center manager tried to hand you a benjamin to make it even? His OMS that would take his conference calls and watched him fudge for years quit and is now a preloader/pt casual. Ask your center manager about #er. Tell me I am wrong. Come on, Nancy. I dare ya.

GolfCart

I call bull, also.

The time would be paid under "Other Work".
-(the list available is very long)-
This takes the time spent off the "on road" hours.
Contractually, UPS has to pay an employee for the time spent giving a deposition, or testimony in a court of law, if it pertains to an occurrence that happened while the employee was "on the clock".
I know this from personal experience.

Well , I was not there , its not me , its not at my hub , ( 3 hubs in this city ) , I am just telling the story as my buddy told his wife , . I guess I'll keep my coments to myself since , no one can belive that UPS sucks so bad ! Yes I do think that UPS would ask driver to code break to make sup look better . I told my buddies wife to have him talk to union steward. So call it what ya want !! I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED ,, and I KNOW THAT UPS IS OUT FOR UPS ONLY , NOT the DRIVERS . Why would I make up all this ??????????? Just like ALWAYS , UPS is turning driver agaist driver to make a HATE HATE work area ( or website :( ) Very sad that people call " BULL " or " BS " or " Lying " yall should be telling US ( fellow CO workers ) how to handle something like this

This sounds BETTER !!! Hey Goochy , Have your buddy talk to the union , and code as other work , its the law . That is BULL the way UPS is treating him .... Lots of ways to talk to us co workers and not talk to us like I am dirt , I hear that at WORK every day !!!!!! I am thinking Browncafe might not be a good place for me ,, I just feel like I am at work , and my boss is talking in a few of these post :sad-little:

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Well , I was not there , its not me , its not at my hub , ( 3 hubs in this city ) , I am just telling the story as my buddy told his wife , so I do not know what happened . I guess I'll keep my coments to myself since , no one can belive that UPS sucks so bad ! Yes I do think that UPS would ask driver to code break to make sup look better . I told my buddies wife to have him talk to union steward. So call it what ya want !! I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED ,, and I KNOW THAT UPS IS OUT FOR UPS ONLY , NOT the DRIVERS . Why would I make up all this ??????????? Just like ALWAYS , UPS is turning driver agaist driver to make a HATE HATE work area ( or website :( )
I believe UPS would request him to code out. And not code over, code out. I have been through too much to not believe. Just sayin'.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I got stuck in an elevator once for over 3 hours, my sup didnt think they should pay me for the time since I was not working. My center manager told him he was a twit and that was the end of it. But yes UPS does have SUPs that might say something really dumb.