WOW thank you

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm glad you are here too, invite your friends!
IMG_0847.jpg

We are running 2 of them trucks scratch, most of the time they are in the shop and the drivers are driving penske trucks. I beleive one of them is 13 years old and the mileage on it is approaching a ridicoulous amount.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Wow Scratch, that's a pic of one of our finest trucks, lol
Probably 10-12 yrs old.

10-12 year old vehicles are pretty new in our fleet. The first route I had I used to drive an old Ford cabover straight van, a C650 or something like that. If you lifted the rubber floor mat, you could see the road through all the rust holes. Gerald the wrecker driver and myself were on a first name basis.

I work out of a Hub a few miles south of the Atlanta Airport. We have several SCS buildings near us and a UPS Cartage facility down the street I deliver EarlyAMs to sometimes. Here is a couple more pics, a lot of people on here have never seen UPS Cartage vehicles.
IMG_0839.jpg
IMG_0841.jpg
IMG_0842.jpg
IMG_0845.jpg
IMG_0846.jpg

david cassin

dublinbrown
do we have anything to do with penske ???
great to see your trucks,but as i said before we should be a one stop shipping shop .we should have all the ups companies under the one roof.
and offer all the services from the one place..:happy-very:

Our center leases 9 freightliner bobtails from penske. Penske does all the service on them. We got these trucks brand new in 2004 when we were menlo. I see on the paperwork in my truck that the lease runs out in november 09. They are not bad trucks but the liftgates are absolutley horrible they are too small. When you put a standard 48X40 pallet on them about 4 inches hang over the edge. Not a pretty sight, the other day I had to deliver one of these pallets of wine glasses the pallet was 350 lbs and about 7 feet high!! Its almost like a balancing act. Who ever approved these liftgates when they ordered the trucks definitly never unloaded freight.

drewed

Shankman
great to see your trucks,but as i said before we should be a one stop shipping shop .we should have all the ups companies under the one roof.
and offer all the services from the one place..:happy-very:

Well it is one company, well more so than Fedex, the problem with this thinking is its A) damn near logistically impossible and B) diffrent bargaining units under different contracts and even some non union as well

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
fyi...the liftgates on the new trucks are sweet. You can spin a 48 x 40 skid on them with a jack. No hang off. Me thinks, and that is dangerous, that the future looks good !! And the cargo door comes with a built in lock.

Toto, we aren't at Menlo Forwarding / Emery Forwarding / Emery Worldwide / Purolator anymore !!! : )

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Chin up.

It will take awhile to filter in the new trucks.

Even "Overnight" is running the old equipment in remote corners of the US.

chev

Nightcrawler
Chin up.

It will take awhile to filter in the new trucks.

Even "Overnight" is running the old equipment in remote corners of the US.
:happy-very: Good luck on filtering the old out. Took us years to get rid of our old Volvo Cab over Tractors over here on the parcel side. Then again, they were un-killable.:laughing: I think they would have run on sand and water and still not died. Damn Detroit 400's just wouldn't quit running.

BROWN007

Welcome to the wonder world of ups vehicles!!!! My first package car was a 1974 p600 with 750,000 miles. That was only 8 years ago lol!!

UPSSOCKS

Never had a Package Car, but loaded way too may.
FXDWG
Need you to find out what is going on. I can't do anything on the site. It won't let me post, read anything, no more PM's.... In order to post this message I had to find a loop hole. IS UPSSOCKS BANNED FOREVER???? It is only a matter of time before they find out how I am still posting. Find out and call me at the office.. Thanks