WOW! That's a big package you have there!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Hedley_Lamarr, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Hedley_Lamarr

Hedley_Lamarr New Member

I was walking up to this lady the other day and had a big box for her and she said (WOW! that's a big package you have there!) I just looked at her, and could tell that she wanted to have that one back. I just put the box down and said (I've never had any complaints.) :happy-very:
  2. chev

chev Nightcrawler

Restraint :wink2:
    At least you kept it at that. So hard to not start cracking up. I think I may have burst out laughing.
  3. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Its a good thing you didn't thank her for telling you your fly was down.....:happy2:
  4. Hedley_Lamarr

Hedley_Lamarr New Member

After I said that to her, I thought I might not have wanted to say that. But she seemed pretty cool with it. I thought it was pretty funny...
  5. Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk New Member

When I was helping one day, they last stop of the day, the lady said "thats all, I was expecting a bigger package". I was sorta bummed, what a way to end the day.
  6. outta hours

outta hours Active Member

Kinda like when they ask you " do you have a big load today?" Some people snicker but I am not familiar with that terminology.:wink2:
  7. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

A Freudian slip on her part.:happy2:
  8. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

And then your wife turned over and went to sleep? JK LOL
  9. Bsullivan

Bsullivan New Member

10. chev

chev Nightcrawler

:laughing::laughing: That's gotta hurt.
  11. Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk New Member

No wife, whos laughing now?
  12. dei8

dei8 Member

This might be a dangerous topic, but there are probably so many more fun UPS sayings. I once told someone I was having a bad day because I hit a curb and "spilled my load" They did not find it funny, but I got a chuckle. Or when you ask where they want the delivery, and they say "I will take it in the rear" I know immature, but I laugh
  13. PaidDriveTime?

PaidDriveTime? New Member

no way I couldnt laugh if I heard that. I am way too immature
  14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

If you all knew the things I said to my customers. I'll see someone I know that I delivered to their house earlier and will tell her that I put it in her bakckoor. sometimes I will tell them I put my package in her bush so no one would see it.
    I have one little hottie that will flag me down with her ARS packages and will tell me she wants me to grab her box if I have a sec.
  15. McLeod

McLeod New Member

I always say to the women on my route when they refer to my package ...why thank you!!! We are all smiles at that point!
  16. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

It's tuff to keep a straight face when she meets you at the door and says; " I saw you coming."
  17. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

How about in the winter when you hand them the diad and they say " Your thing is cold." Response: I knew that, but how did you? :wink2:
  18. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

Would have been a great set-up for "That's what she said."
  19. Tony31yrs

Tony31yrs New Member

I once was delivering to a men's shop where the one saleman I knew well usually answered the back door. His name was Jack. One day, a younger salesman answered and I said, "Jack off, today?" He said, "Yeah". He didn't pick up on it, but I laughed everytime I thought about it for the rest of the day.
  20. disneyworld

disneyworld Active Member

That's hilarious-I don't care who you are.