Wrestlemania

tourists24

Being a southern redneck gun toting right winger its only fitting that I am watching Wresltlemania tonight. Will be posting the results for all you who actually care about pro wrestling...lol..... ok I promised my 11 year old to get it... uh huh

tourists24

Ok,,, Sheamus beats Daniel Bryan
Big Show finally wins at wrestlemania...
Kelly kelly wins....
Kane beats Randy Orton...
and now...... Undertaker beats Triple H

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tourist, you started this thread during my hiatus so I couldn't respond.

I love pro wrestling. Yeah, I know it's fake and not something a 51 year old man should admit, but I have been watching wrasslin' since I was a kid. I went to a live UWF event when I was stationed in Texas and got to see the One Man Gang and the Von Erichs. I also went to a live Raw event in Lake Placid and got to bring my son backstage as I was the driver for the arena the event was held in. However, I work very hard for my money and am not willing to spend $54.99 to watch WrestleMania when I know they will show the highlights on Raw the following night.

I felt bad for Cena but there is no way The Rock was going to come back to WWE only to lose in his hometown.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I remember the good old days of pro wrestling, with guys like Rowdy Roddy Piper (who lives here in Oregon), Jimmy "superfly" Snuka, Playboy Buddy Rose, Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes and Andre the Giant. A lot of these guys toured the Pacific NW back in the late 70's/early 80's and they would perform in small-town school gyms and armories. Most of the time they were in Portland, but 2 or 3 times a year they would come down to my little bitty hometown of Coos Bay and I would go see them and wait outside the locker room to try and get autographs. Great times.....

tourists24

Tourist, you started this thread during my hiatus so I couldn't respond.

I love pro wrestling. Yeah, I know it's fake and not something a 51 year old man should admit, but I have been watching wrasslin' since I was a kid. I went to a live UWF event when I was stationed in Texas and got to see the One Man Gang and the Von Erichs. I also went to a live Raw event in Lake Placid and got to bring my son backstage as I was the driver for the arena the event was held in. However, I work very hard for my money and am not willing to spend $54.99 to watch WrestleMania when I know they will show the highlights on Raw the following night.

I felt bad for Cena but there is no way The Rock was going to come back to WWE only to lose in his hometown.
you're so right about the cost Upstate,,,, but it kinda came about last year when Wrestlemania came to Atlanta. My 11 year old LOVES wrestling and Atlanta isnt that far. No way I was putting out that much money but I did give in to get it on tv. He obviously feels its a tradition now lol. Its rough but we spent all 4 hours together watching the show and had a good time

tourists24

I remember the good old days of pro wrestling, with guys like Rowdy Roddy Piper (who lives here in Oregon), Jimmy "superfly" Snuka, Playboy Buddy Rose, Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes and Andre the Giant. A lot of these guys toured the Pacific NW back in the late 70's/early 80's and they would perform in small-town school gyms and armories. Most of the time they were in Portland, but 2 or 3 times a year they would come down to my little bitty hometown of Coos Bay and I would go see them and wait outside the locker room to try and get autographs. Great times.....
My first memories were down in the southeast. Mid Atlantic Championship wrestling. Later becoming the NWA. My first live event headlined Johnny Valentine against Wahoo McDaniels. The other big names at the time in this area were Ric Flair, Johnny Weaver, the Anderson Brothers, Mr Wrestling, Tiger Conway, Black Jack Mulligan, Ricky Steamboat,,,, jeez names go on and on lol.... aaah the good ole days.

ups1990

The American dream, "hard times, daddy." Dusty Rhodes, was the best. Still watch that video on YouTube, where he's talking about Flair.

texan

Watched it all the time as a young lad.
I loved Gorllia Monsoon, Killer Kowalski, George Steele, Andre the Giant, and others.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
How about Bruno Sammartino ?

Notable Feuds:
Buddy Rogers
Hans Mortier
Ivan Koloff
Stan Stasiak
Larry Zbyzsko
Fred Blassie
Lou Albano
Spiros Arion