write my name on the uniform?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The name tags on uniforms are from a time decades ago when we changed clothes at work and the uniforms were cleaned at UPS or by an outside contractor. Back in the 80's we had a disabled feeder driver that would wash and press our long pants at the Atlanta Hub. We had three pairs of pants, and often times somebody would wear somebody else's pants, causing whoever came to work last to be scrambling to find a pair. Eventually, after we were forced to buy the original shorts, everybody just started to wear everything home and wash uniforms themselves. It is easier this way, the only people who get them cleaned in my building are the mechanics and plant engineers.

So if you just have one pair of pants and a shirt, don't bother writing your name on them. You have to turn them in on your last day so the driver can give you your paycheck.

It kind of is, actually.

alright why is it a stupid question then? The uniform has a tag on it that says "name" followed by a line as if it is telling you to write your name above it. Obviously if someone sees that he would wonder if he should write his name on it. LOL, on a side note, I see you have a rubber ducky fetish

barnyard

KTM rider
alright why is it a stupid question then?

You are a temporary employee that is going to turn your costume back in another 2 weeks. Do you really think you need to write your name on it???? Is it s need to mark your territory?? Do you pee on all the trees in your yard every morning too???

You are a temporary employee that is going to turn your costume back in another 2 weeks. Do you really think you need to write your name on it???? Is it s need to mark your territory?? Do you pee on all the trees in your yard every morning too???

yeah sure, its a tag that they can easily rip off and replace with another. Awwww rubber ducky boy getting mad over a little question. Frustrating day at work?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I will refrain from saying anything else.

There is no point, he hasn't listened to anybody else. I have been working for this company since 1975, I do not write my name or Center number on my uniforms. I am the only one that lives in my house that wears them, they don't get confused with any other clothes. If the original poster is a Driver Helper, he will turn in his uniform December 24th, doesn't need his name on them. They will be cleaned and re-issued to somebody else, its as simple as that. No more comments from me on a wasted thread by somebody trolling.

There is no point, he hasn't listened to anybody else. I have been working for this company since 1975, I do not write my name or Center number on my uniforms. I am the only one that lives in my house that wears them, they don't get confused with any other clothes. If the original poster is a Driver Helper, he will turn in his uniform December 24th, doesn't need his name on them. They will be cleaned and re-issued to somebody else, its as simple as that. No more comments from me on a wasted thread by somebody trolling.

Yeah i know...based on all the negative responses I get that i shouldn't write my name on it. Now the debate is wether it was a stupid question or not.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
yeah sure, its a tag that they can easily rip off and replace with another. Awwww rubber ducky boy getting mad over a little question. Frustrating day at work?

No like most of us here he's frustrated with 4 week employees taking over the site. Asking dumb question after dumb question when using the search function on the site would answer 99% of their questions. I think next year come peak ill just stay off this site for a month. That is unless a minimum post count is added before someone can start a thread.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yeah i know...based on all the negative responses I get that i shouldn't write my name on it. Now the debate is wether it was a stupid question or not.

It was not a stupid question. All of our uniforms come with these tags. Do not put anything on the tag. Wear it until you are done being a helper and turn it back in as instructed by your helper coordinator.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
No like most of us here he's frustrated with 4 week employees taking over the site. Asking dumb question after dumb question when using the search function on the site would answer 99% of their questions. I think next year come peak ill just stay off this site for a month. That is unless a minimum post count is added before someone can start a thread.

Peak season employee sub forum would work.

Wow are all regular UPS workers this stuck up. Probably not but you sure are. Youre like the stuck up king who no one can ask a question to. Man, I sure hope youre not a driver because it sure wouldn't be a good time for you when those "pesky little driver helpers" asks you a ton of questions.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Wow are all regular UPS workers this stuck up. Probably not but you sure are. Youre like the stuck up king who no one can ask a question to. Man, I sure hope youre not a driver because it sure wouldn't be a good time for you when those "pesky little driver helpers" asks you a ton of questions.

In brownslaves defense, the best part of our job is working alone. Most of us are not fans of being forced to have helpers.

Brownslave688

Lol I'm def probably known as one of the most laid back drivers in my center. What I'm curious to know is y? Why would u join a forum for a job that your likely to have for 2-3 weeks. That's what gets me with all the seasonals I don't understand the point. Why did u feel the need to come on here register as a user to ask a question that you could of easily asked either the person that gave u the uniform or the driver u work with? This is a serious question I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I just don't understand the thought process.

probellringer

sorry dishwasher...im still laughing from barnyard calling it a costume...in all seriousness- dont worry about the tag. just sheet every package and come to work everyday. we appreciate your help. as long as you scan every package-your fine. we are not paid to think- just deliver. so for next few weeks- come everyday and you will be fine-

Lol I'm def probably known as one of the most laid back drivers in my center. What I'm curious to know is y? Why would u join a forum for a job that your likely to have for 2-3 weeks. That's what gets me with all the seasonals I don't understand the point. Why did u feel the need to come on here register as a user to ask a question that you could of easily asked either the person that gave u the uniform or the driver u work with? This is a serious question I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I just don't understand the thought process.

lol how can you be a laid back guy if you can't take a question? And i didn't ask my driver or the person that gave me my uniform because I just noticed it right now. In fact I was thinking of asking my driver the next time I get called in to work. But since i'm a little bored right now and just surfing the internet doing random things, why not come on here and ask this question.

wayfair

swollen member
don't mind the ridicule. the interwebs has opened a door..... if you want to work at UPS , let your driver know by how hard you work.... I always throw out hard workers to HR... they do have a chance... i'll vouge...

Brownslave688

don't mind the ridicule. the interwebs has opened a door..... if you want to work at UPS , let your driver know by how hard you work.... I always throw out hard workers to HR... they do have a chance... i'll vouge...

I think your looking for vouch. Vouge is a magazine I think.

barnyard

KTM rider
I had a fantastic day yesterday. 2 days in a row, my helper and I have busted the route and I have been punched out before 1800.

I really even hate to further dignify this whole thing with a response.

What I do not understand is the complete lack of common sense that many of the new hires seem to have (or not have, as the case may be.) Figure something out on your own. Posting stupid questions is like being in a lecture hall with several hundred people and repeatedly raising your hand to ask stuff that everyone else has already figured out.

Don't be that person.