write up for PT package handler putting up bulk

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
We use "PETO" carts for all incomps. Also, packages up to 150 lbs are allowed through the ground system and up to 250lbs through the air system for some reason.. I had to deliver an engine block that weighed over 220lbs. It was marked as 130lbs on the shipping label, but someone at one of the centers had written "221lbs" in a discrete spot I didn't notice. I went to lift what I thought was a 130lb package out of my truck, and quickly realized that it was WAY more than 130... I made the workers at the business help me move it. I told them I couldn't move it alone so if I didn't get help, they weren't getting their package and would have to come pick it up at the center (I said this nicely.). they were happy to help me out.

At any rate, be conscientious of your safety and the safety of your coworkers, and don't sent irreg/+70 packages through your conveyor system unless your belts are designed to safely transport them. At my center we have long, steep slides and belts that are high above the ped walkpaths. Should a heavy package fall off the belt due to a jam or come tumbling down a tall slide, someone could be severely injured. I daresay in some instances, such as a +70 piece of steel, if it were to fall of one of our high conveyors on to someone walking underneath it would be life threatening.

Use your best judgement. A lot of UPSers (especially newbies) take our safety for granted, and fail to realize that our jobs are actually pretty dangerous, and people have died in service of UPS. There's a reason these safety rules and regs exist. I don't get paid enough to die or become paralyzed.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Oh yeah...the overweights and irregs just fly themselves into the PC's....riiiiiiight. I forget you have the.hardest job.....and how much harder you claim u work than drivers.....lmao. What a joke.

Lol, you just don't stop do you. Why do you keep inciting arguements. My comment has nothing to do with drivers and yet you managed to put me against them to get more supporters on your side. I know what you've been doing all along.

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
Sounds like someone got it easy :)

Only the larger facilities use the carts. I think only a couple of the centers in MI use PETOs, the rest are either designed to safely transport irregs through the belts or they use hand carts... I imagine if the center is small enough they could be carried by hand.. Personally, I'd refuse to carry a bulk across the building by hand and tell management they need to invest in some damn carts :P cheap bastards

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I used to be an irreg train driver. One of the easiest jobs in the building.

It's fun to hop on one in the morning to move it out of the way of my truck after PCM and see an on-car freak out and shout "Hey, Hey HEY! You can't do that, you're not certified!!!" at which time I pull out my card and show them that I am. I usually get an "Oh, cool. Carry on."