Write Up Your Damn Truck....Please??

With the 152 series trucks being pulled off line, and my truck being offline for two weeks! I have had the privilege to drive every vintage Brown truck in the center!

every single one one them needed new mirror brackets, arms and glass...it was insane. How can you drive a truck,when you can't get the correct angle?

Not to metion, missing marker lights and broken door rollers!
Is it that hard to write up?

OptimusPrime

Sounds like peak for me. Seemed like I was writing up a laundry list of stuff for the first few weeks with each different dinosaur I got. Does the shop not have a run up for peak doing checklists on all these old dinos they wrangle up? Seems it would be money well spent, instead of me sitting out on the PDC with a truck that won't start, indicator lights out, bulk head or rear doors that don't close properly. Hell, one track had like four inches of play in the steering. So I'm standing there with the center manager discussing whether or not I can safely drive the darn thing.

9.5er

My mechanics must think I'm one picky SOB. I seem to find something to write up on all the routes I cover. I don't see how bid drivers can keep running their trucks the way they do. The route I ran today needs some grease on the back door. I refuse to write it up though. If the regular driver doesn't mind it I can deal with it today and tomorrow. Door was so hard to close I could almost do a pullup before it started to close.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sounds like peak for me. Seemed like I was writing up a laundry list of stuff for the first few weeks with each different dinosaur I got. Does the shop not have a run up for peak doing checklists on all these old dinos they wrangle up? Seems it would be money well spent, instead of me sitting out on the PDC with a truck that won't start, indicator lights out, bulk head or rear doors that don't close properly. Hell, one track had like four inches of play in the steering. So I'm standing there with the center manager discussing whether or not I can safely drive the darn thing.

If its one of the old spare trucks that doesn't get used often it will be the last one repaired. Usually nothing serious enough to red tag but most will have a lot of little annoyances. Some of those will never be fixed because it would cost too much and some of those trucks are just a step away from the scrap heap.

oldngray

nowhere special
My mechanics must think I'm one picky SOB. I seem to find something to write up on all the routes I cover. I don't see how bid drivers can keep running their trucks the way they do. The route I ran today needs some grease on the back door. I refuse to write it up though. If the regular driver doesn't mind it I can deal with it today and tomorrow. Door was so hard to close I could almost do a pullup before it started to close.

I had a brand new truck with such shoddy workmanship I could barely open the bulkhead or side doors. I kept writing it up and all the mechanic could do was lube everything (with beeswax) until parts wore enough (groves worn in metal from rubbing). It was of those Workhorse P1000's that have already been replaced.

9.5er

I had a brand new truck with such shoddy workmanship I could barely open the bulkhead or side doors. I kept writing it up and all the mechanic could do was lube everything (with beeswax) until parts wore enough (groves worn in metal from rubbing). It was of those Workhorse P1000's that have already been replaced.
Yep, I was driving the same type truck today. Really a good driving truck just needs a little grease.

9.5er

got into a FE W700 this am with no brakes... Leaking fluid all over the lot.
Drove a truck couple weeks ago that the brake booster went out on. I drove it for two days with manual brakes before writing it up. Not sure how long regular driver drove it that way. Truck was still under warranty. Just got it back this week.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Something that needs to be lubricated or is straight up broken is fine to write up by a cover guy. If you see a minor annoyance that isn't making it unsafe to drive, let the bid driver do it.

When I was a cover guy I wrote up plenty of trucks but I knew when to mind my own business too.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Just Lurking

I was told It was electronic, maybe I miss understood...but they were not fixed, in house.

I ran the last three days of May without being refueled. Mechanics were trying lower fuel level that needed to be drained. Somehow i kept getting a little fuel until Friday of that week. It went out of service on Friday night and I went on vacation:biggrin: