Write up!

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
I had one the other day, had the jangle of broken glass inside, I sheeted it as we were instructed to do via DIAD training, and I get a message 30 minutes later:
"WHY IS PACKAGE MISSED YOU NEED TO VOID AND RESHEET PACKAGE IT IS NOT MISSED SHEET REFUSED DIDNT WANT"
"Why was I constantly asked for 2 days to do DIAD training on how to sheet damaged packages if you're just going to tell me to do something completely different, in direct contradiction of what we were "trained" to do?"

Yea I had a sup freak out because I sheeted a damage... The packaging and the contents were completely DESTROYED so I sheeted it as damaged and next thing I know my sup is calling telling me to void the stop and resheet as NI1... UPS and their stupid number games... Almost as good as sending the $11/hr preloader home and letting the $30/hr driver punch in and finish loading their trucks because they don't want to be over their allowed hours for the preload... Costs them a lot more money, but looks better to corporate... morons

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yea I had a sup freak out because I sheeted a damage... The packaging and the contents were completely DESTROYED so I sheeted it as damaged and next thing I know my sup is calling telling me to void the stop and resheet as NI1... UPS and their stupid number games... Almost as good as sending the $11/hr preloader home and letting the $30/hr driver punch in and finish loading their trucks because they don't want to be over their allowed hours for the preload... Costs them a lot more money, but looks better to corporate... morons

We are supposed to sheet all damages as missed.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We are supposed to sheet all damages as missed.
images-114.jpeg

OPTION3

The corporate training everyone received told us to sheet damages as missed.

Resident know-it-all.
AND they are being DIRECTED by an ON-Road supervisor to sheet it a certain way......work as directed or be disciplined.....You wouldn’t suggest that a member of management would instruct an hourly to do something DISHONEST would you

oldngray

nowhere special
AND they are being DIRECTED by an ON-Road supervisor to sheet it a certain way......work as directed or be disciplined.....You wouldn’t suggest that a member of management would instruct an hourly to do something DISHONEST would you

You aren't suggesting a member of management might instruct an hourly employee IN WRITING to do something dishonest, are you?

AKCoverMan

No but after taking the DIAD training I am going to require the center send those instructions via the DIAD.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I disagree. Dishonesty is something you can be fired for. You are not required to follow any diectives from management that would cause you to be dishonest when sheeting a pkg. politely let know that that would be dishonesty and you will sheet as trained.

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
I disagree. Dishonesty is something you can be fired for. You are not required to follow any diectives from management that would cause you to be dishonest when sheeting a pkg. politely let know that that would be dishonesty and you will sheet as trained.

And unless you're a permanently contracted driver, good luck getting rehired for seasonal employment at UPS.. Bending the rules is the name of their game. Sheeting a package as directed by management isn't dishonesty, it's working as you're being instructed to do so. It's their system, it's their software, it's their world and they make the rules. It's pretty hard to argue the proper usage of a system to the creators of the system. Personally, I find no deep moral conflict in sheeting a damaged package otherwise, it just makes me wonder why they even include the damage option in the DIAD software if it never gets used... :fishbashsmile:

wayfair

swollen member
And unless you're a permanently contracted driver, good luck getting rehired for seasonal employment at UPS.. Bending the rules is the name of their game. Sheeting a package as directed by management isn't dishonesty, it's working as you're being instructed to do so. It's their system, it's their software, it's their world and they make the rules. It's pretty hard to argue the proper usage of a system to the creators of the system. Personally, I find no deep moral conflict in sheeting a damaged package otherwise, it just makes me wonder why they even include the damage option in the DIAD software if it never gets used... :fishbashsmile:

they took out the Damaged option in refusal non delivery, years ago... you now have to type Dam in remarks