Write up

Jhansen

So yesterday I was in a big rush to get my airs off, I didn't notice my gas tank when leaving the building (I've never had this issue before). I ran out of gas right in front of my first air. Took 2 hours for a mechanic to bring me gas. I still managed to get in the building on time that night, but my head Sup. still called and talked a bunch of :censored2:. I found out from another driver she's been going around talking to the other drivers about me. Got a call from my steward to be in early today, for a write up. As a driver, I come in, rearrange truck and hurry up to leave. I don't think it's my responsibility to have my truck filled first thing in the morning, or I would have been late anyway for my airs. How should I go about fighting this write up?

By The Book

So yesterday I was in a big rush to get my airs off, I didn't notice my gas tank when leaving the building (I've never had this issue before). I ran out of gas right in front of my first air. Took 2 hours for a mechanic to bring me gas. I still managed to get in the building on time that night, but my head Sup. still called and talked a bunch of :censored2:. I found out from another driver she's been going around talking to the other drivers about me. Got a call from my steward to be in early today, for a write up. As a driver, I come in, rearrange truck and hurry up to leave. I don't think it's my responsibility to have my truck filled first thing in the morning, or I would have been late anyway for my airs. How should I go about fighting this write up?
Own it! Take responsibility for your actions. Apologize and remember....it's probably just a warning letter. Don't talk about other crap you can't prove. Don't get personal, it was an honest mistake.

Faceplanted

If u don't think u can make you air tell them you need help. You are obviously a fairly new driver who still fears letting them down. Do the right thing. Don't rush in the am, do a proper pre trip and be safe.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's not your responsibility? Whose is it?

You operate the vehicle, it's absolutely your responsibility. Fill it up at night and it won't be so stressful in the morning

542thruNthru

You're not going to get much sympathy here. In many building drivers have to refuel there trucks themselves. Just be happy you seem to have a car wash that does it for the most part.

From what it sounds like you need to slow down a tad. You need to do a pretrip. I recommend you start doing one every morning and make sure it's right in front of your management. If you have to much air tell them. It's much easier to fight a write up for something you told them then for not doing a pretrip.

Sorry but this time you need to take your medicine.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
How is that getting there early and arranging your load working for you now? Looks to me like it didn't garner as many brownie points as you thought. As a feeder driver, we consistently had late fuel drops, so there is no guarantee you'd have a full tank on a daily basis. I had 2 tanks to check daily. I kept a long stick behind the seat so I could check where I couldn't see. 38 years. Never ran out of fuel. It's part of your pretrip inspection, as is a properly working fuel guage. Put on your big boy pants and learn something from this experience.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Oh, and be sure to thank the scum driver that didn't fill up last night.

Always better to have late airs because you have to fill up. Let that driver take the heat.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Be glad it was just an empty tank of gas. If you missed a safety item, like no horn or a wheel fell off, no one would be asking about you air at all.

It takes awhile to learn that you must absolutely play by their rules. No one can blame you for late air if you tell them you will miss your air commits for a legitimate reason. No fuel is pretty legitimate.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Be glad it was just an empty tank of gas. If you missed a safety item, like no horn or a wheel fell off, no one would be asking about you air at all.

It takes awhile to learn that you must absolutely play by their rules. No one can blame you for late air if you tell them you will miss your air commits for a legitimate reason. No fuel is pretty legitimate.
Lot easier to get by with no horn than no gas.