Writing a Book and need some help/insight.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Anybody in the forum published or in the process of writing a book or something that they want to publish? I've been writing the story of my life and would like to get it published or at least looked at. What must I do to accomplish this goal? Can someone point me in the right direction?

fethrs

Dilli, Upstate has his butt parked on the couch so he has easy access to online stuff. Plus he's smart.:happy2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Steve, you can self-publish a book yourself. My wife wrote a book and tried to go the old traditional route, but kept getting turned down. She went to Authorhouse Publishing. For about $500, you will see yourself in print. You will get a Library of Congess listing and see yourself on Amazon.com and Borders.com. The catch is this does not include getting an agent and promoting it. She tried to do everything herself, and we have had four cases of unsold books sitting around the house for a few years now.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
There is this website called, "google." If you need to find something, just type: www.google.com into your browser's address bar. When the google page comes up, you type what you are looking for into the space provided.

It works shockingly well.

TB

You just have to love TB's funny side. My question was directed at the people in this forum, so's I could see if any of my buds had first hand experience in this arena. The same way I would ask you first about riding those KTM's than researching it on the internet.
2232476965_dc2a369486.jpg

P

pickup

There is this website called, "google." If you need to find something, just type: www.google.com into your browser's address bar. When the google page comes up, you type what you are looking for into the space provided.

It works shockingly well.

TB

with replies like this, I can think of a title . STUGS : Some Times U Guys Suck! I googled mein kamph, it has already been used.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Steve, you can self-publish a book yourself. My wife wrote a book and tried to go the old traditional route, but kept getting turned down. She went to Authorhouse Publishing. For about $500, you will see yourself in print. You will get a Library of Congess listing and see yourself on Amazon.com and Borders.com. The catch is this does not include getting an agent and promoting it. She tried to do everything herself, and we have had four cases of unsold books sitting around the house for a few years now.
There is this website, called "Ebay"......