written up for calling out sick

What'dyabringmetoday???

This was a coherent, well thought out post. Now, if you'll excuse, I am late as I am performing at the circus this evening.
It is interesting that you are allowed to say what you choose to others but nobody should ever question the Great UpstateNYUPSer. By the way, I doubt you will have time for a circus. It would get in the way of posting on Brown Cafe. Surprised you can make it through a day of delivery without being able to add some more of your nonsense. Did you give Roger an hour for free again this morning?? Thanks for all your help Captain-Post-a-Lot.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is interesting that you are allowed to say what you choose to others but nobody should ever question the Great UpstateNYUPSer. By the way, I doubt you will have time for a circus. It would get in the way of posting on Brown Cafe. Surprised you can make it through a day of delivery without being able to add some more of your nonsense. Did you give Roger an hour for free again this morning?? Thanks for all your help Captain-Post-a-Lot.

You see, I was trying to be nice to you and this is what I get.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by What'dyabringmetoday???

You see, I was trying to be nice to you and this is what I get.

Bit grumpy tonight aren't we?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

W, just curious, does my posting here threaten your credibility? You seem to have nothing better to do than to follow me around BC and try to discredit what I have to say.

I enjoy my time here. I have learned a few things and hope that others have learned from me. I happen to think that I do a good job and that is reflected when other drivers come to me for advice and/or help. I am far from perfect and have made my share of mistakes and received my share of concerns.

I truly do not know what your problem is but wish that you would simply just follow BBAG out the door (and bring Rocky with you--that boy just does not know when too leave.)

When I posted this reply earlier I wasn't quite so PC but I edited my post so that it would be BC friendly.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
W, just curious, does my posting here threaten your credibility? You seem to have nothing better to do than to follow me around BC and try to discredit what I have to say.

I enjoy my time here. I have learned a few things and hope that others have learned from me. I happen to think that I do a good job and that is reflected when other drivers come to me for advice and/or help. I am far from perfect and have made my share of mistakes and received my share of concerns.

I truly do not know what your problem is but wish that you would simply just follow BBAG out the door (and bring Rocky with you--that boy just does not know when too leave.)

When I posted this reply earlier I wasn't quite so PC but I edited my post so that it would be BC friendly.

HEY! Leave me the hell out of this. (And I was going to take a bullet for ya here & taunt W!)

Never saw a bad post by UpState - a little snooty maybe, but usually worth reading. Not like I wanna kiss you on the lips or nothin....

What'dyabringmetoday???

So everyone that Captain-Post-a-Lot does not agree with should be banned from Brown Cafe?? Dude, get a hold of yourself. It's just an internet message board. You really should not take things so seriously or personally for that matter. I will not leave.:greedy:

What'dyabringmetoday???

W - I may be biased? But it appears to me that you are the one having the melt-down
Nope. Just get a kick out of the way things go around here. I guess I will never be very popular here. Of course, I am not popular anywhere, so I should be o.k. If you will notice, anytime someone does not like your perspective, it leads to the idea of you leaving the Brown Cafe. Kind of like a playground. I know I am having fun. If the rest of you are not enjoying yourselves, oh well. Have a good evening.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ok, so back to the thread....................

C, I understand your frustration. We deal with this too. I have done several different things to get the message across. Get a phone number from one of your co-workers. If you can't get some one to answer in the office call the co-worker and have them put the sup on the phone. The other thing that I do is call our other center. I tell them I can't anyone to answer in our office but I need to get the message to someone. If those things fail then I go to the next step. I have the phone numbers for the sup's sup. Tell them the same, can't get anyone to answer and need someone to get the message.

Be creative, and maybe texting is being creative but it's not enough for me. I need to know who it was that I talked to and when. I don't trust them enough to use texting.

sx2700

Banned
HEY! Leave me the hell out of this. (And I was going to take a bullet for ya here & taunt W!)

Never saw a bad post by UpState - a little snooty maybe, but usually worth reading. Not like I wanna kiss you on the lips or nothin....

Looks like BBAG drank the BC Koolaid. Too bad......I really enjoyed classic BBAG.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ok, so back to the thread....................

C, I understand your frustration. We deal with this too. I have done several different things to get the message across. Get a phone number from one of your co-workers. If you can't get some one to answer in the office call the co-worker and have them put the sup on the phone. The other thing that I do is call our other center. I tell them I can't anyone to answer in our office but I need to get the message to someone. If those things fail then I go to the next step. I have the phone numbers for the sup's sup. Tell them the same, can't get anyone to answer and need someone to get the message.

Be creative, and maybe texting is being creative but it's not enough for me. I need to know who it was that I talked to and when. I don't trust them enough to use texting.
Wouldn't it be nice to send a text with a 'response required' tag on it. LOL

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wouldn't it be nice to send a text with a 'response required' tag on it. LOL

We have 2 OMS clerks (morning and afternoon) and they both send nearly every message "Response required" which drives us crazy. I have begun replying ". ." (this is the M key in numerical mode) to those messages which really shouldn't require a response.

We have 2 OMS clerks (morning and afternoon) and they both send nearly every message "Response required" which drives us crazy. I have begun replying ". ." (this is the M key in numerical mode) to those messages which really shouldn't require a response.
On those I respond in numeric mode with the only letters being the ones that have no numeric value. LOL, but that usually means another message saying that they can't read it. I then reply in alphi, get diad board and figure it out. Once I even added... 0=X

satellitedriver

Did you get an award for perfect attendance?
I still have the Zenith portable radio I got for 3 years perfect attendance in 1976. It's our bad weather radio. As I remember, UPS only had that program for a few years and it was probably a local thing.
Nope,
No, hello, goodbye, kiss my .....
I did get named driver of the year once and received a $50 check.