Wrong Package

Ring Sport

Everybody, including your supervisor did it at one point or another. Some just are more prone to doing it than others. A guy in my building years ago mis-delivered a box of adult toys to an office...lol

scooter4me

The ones I love are the people that call in when it's just the next door neighbor who is less then 10 yards away.

While doing a split route, I had a lady pull out of the street she lives on and chase me down to give me a package another driver misdelivered for her neighbor. Said she didn't know what to do with it.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I once delivered three stops on a residential street...all incorrect addresses! I was on the wrong street! The correct street was the next street west that runs parallel to the street I was on...I had to go back, collect the misdelivered packages, and deliver them to the correct addresses on the correct street! Stupid!!
I did the same once when I changed routes.

oldngray

nowhere special
I did the same once when I changed routes.

Most city streets like to have different numbers on parallel streets if possible. Houses might increase by 6 so the next street over will have house numbers in that gap. Definitely not something that happens all the time but frequently does.

mpeedy

mid ninetys i had a letter that i dropped off and rang the doorbell. a man came and looked at the letter and said it was for the beave, on the next street over. i took back the letter realizing i was on the wrong street, but was confused on the beave comment. walking up to the right house i looked at the name on the letter and it said jerry mathers. rang the doorbell and as he opened the door realized it was jerry mathers from leave it to beaver. told him the story and he laughed and said that was great.

bddaddy

I delivered about 5 big packages to the wrong house once. New neighborhood with a lot of construction going on and I'm driving up looking at the addresses and thought the house with the garage door open was the house. Took a few trips with my dolly and released in 'garage'. I got a message a while later asking what I did with the packages and I messaged back to tell them to look in their garage... long story short, I left them in the neighbors garage. Been back to that house many times since and they have been nice about it, even had a laugh.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
covering rural route early 1990's in the blind, finally find farm house pull down mile long driveway and confronted by 120 pound bull mastif that did want a delivery that day. so i lay on the horn for min then say friend-it, i inch up to the side of the house and toss pkg from cracked open door. Easy Peasy. :censored2: dog......
I back her out and roll the 20 to 25 mins to next rural farmhouse, pop the bulkhead door and select the pkg.....but no this is bull mastif house pkg. Drove 20 to 25 min back and played a hell of a game of chicken with that large stinking dog. Ended up backing into front yard with passenger door right next to the steps of the house and slaming driver door to get smelly on that side then diving out to grab pkg.
I was new, didnt know better

Purplepackage

"Release package at door"

10 days later get a message saying the house you delivered to 10 days ago called and said that it wasn't their package. So what the hell were they doing with it

PT Car Washer

Delivering a ground residential one afternoon when the homeowner gave me a NDA package that had been miss delivered. By the date on the PAL label he had it for over a week.